My Real Hovering Hoverboard Display

i think you owe you're brother a thank you as well since I did help you get these units into the USA.. just sayin. joint effort.

Dont make me post our original video of these in the testing days!

You're right, a special thanks goes out to PropsGallore (with 2 L's I see) for assisting me with the legal end of getting the hardware imported to the states. Now stop blackmailing me :love

very nice

i did a similar thing with a small model delorean...heres a vid

BTTF Hover DeLorean Model - YouTube

That's cool, never thought magnets could make stuff look so good.

Why don't you make like a fictional "mattel hover board" advertisement display type base, like something you'd see in a store if were a real for sale type item. Have the magnet bases embeded into a flat display to make it look like it's just "hovering" there entirely on it's own

IDK, that'd be something I'd want to do. Great work, wish I could do this!!

Great idea I actually saw this on ebay last week which would be perfect for that BACK TO THE FUTURE 2015 HOVERBOARD BOX PROP UNSEEN CYBER MONDAY!!! L@@K!!! | eBay

You're right, a special thanks goes out to PropsGallore (with 2 L's I see) for assisting me with the legal end of getting the hardware imported to the states. Now stop blackmailing me :love
Thanks for that .. mother asked if you're going to make it for dinner tomorrow?

btw, what does DonDula mean?:lol

Hey Dondula7! Just saw your episode of House Hunters! Blew my mind when I realized it, which was at the very end, when I saw the finished game room. No surprise the hoverboard didn't make the cut.... too bad the editors don't share our priorities, haha. But anyway, that was really cool to experience recognizing someone (or pics of their stuff, rather) from a forum on TV, since as far as I was concerned at the beginning, it was "just another episode" of House Hunters. Had no idea it would be this one.

BTW, you picked the best house of the three. :thumbsup

Hey Dondula7! Just saw your episode of House Hunters! Blew my mind when I realized it, which was at the very end, when I saw the finished game room. No surprise the hoverboard didn't make the cut.... too bad the editors don't share our priorities, haha. But anyway, that was really cool to experience recognizing someone (or pics of their stuff, rather) from a forum on TV, since as far as I was concerned at the beginning, it was "just another episode" of House Hunters. Had no idea it would be this one.

BTW, you picked the best house of the three. :thumbsup

LOL, I can't believe you caught the episode and remembered my pictures that's too funny. Yeah I didn't even know they were replaying it last night till a bunch of people messaged me. It was an interesting experience filming that to say the least and even though they made me look like the pickiest guy ever it was still fun to watch. I just filmed another show for HGTV in Feb so look for that in a couple months, its gonna be a new House Hunters spin off, which will revisit my home showing everything i've done since I moved in, so we'll see what they leave in this time. I had so much great stuff hanging up in the game room, but they can't show anything with a brand name or a pop culture reference so thats pretty lame.
Finally bit the bullet and picked up offical mags from ebay last night, (after selling off a butt load of other stuff) so I want to incorporate those in to the hoverboard display too. Anyway i'm glad you got to see the show, i'll let you know when the next one airs.

-Brandon

Just had to share my new Mags, so excited. Will be incorporating these in to the display as well. :love

2zp47xi.jpg

Nice! I bet you're love'n those Mags!!

You have no idea, its an insane feeling when a childhood dream can come to life. It was even worth all the stuff I had to sell on Ebay to get em. I also have this amazing jacket on its way to complete the costume and my BTTF collection. It was made by RPF user U2fan24. He did such an amazing job and was awesome to do business with. Check out the video below.

Brandon's BTTF jacket - YouTube

Congrats on the MAG's!!! What size did you get?

Thanks man got a size 11. I've been folowing your amazing build for a long time as well as S02 and some others, I ordered a 2nd run pair from S02 a couple months back which I'm still waiting on, but I heard they run pretty small even for the size 9 shoe. Being I'm an 11 I knew I wouldn't be able to wear S02's. So I bit the bullet a couple weeks ago. I'm usually a 11.5 in Nike's so these fit just a bit snug but totally wearable. These will find a home right next to your awesome news paper reproductions. I think the last thing i'm looking for is one of Gary Weaver's Pepsi Perfect bottles. All I know is i'll be so pissed if they release these exact mags with power laces in 2015, but that's the risk of collecting I guess.

All I know is i'll be so pissed if they release these exact mags with power laces in 2015, but that's the risk of collecting I guess.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd put money on the whole "Power Laces Coming 2015" thing just being some tongue in cheek humor on the part of a large corporation.

...it would be funnier if 2015 wasn't so close, but it is what it is.

I would feel pretty secure in my investment if I were you. After all, just look at those things, they look fantastic!

-Nick

I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd put money on the whole "Power Laces Coming 2015" thing just being some tongue in cheek humor on the part of a large corporation.

...it would be funnier if 2015 wasn't so close, but it is what it is.

I would feel pretty secure in my investment if I were you. After all, just look at those things, they look fantastic!

-Nick

Yeah I was thinking even if they did release power laced shoes they would be a different design. I saw they have the patent for it and have seen amature concepts, but I just don't know how they would hide a motor in these things, they're pretty thin. But i'm definitely very happy with them.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back