Help with my "is that a prop?" bookcase display!

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is for the bookcase in our den, off limits to my collecting. :)

Got any ideas for a 4th prop to balance this out?

Trying to find something that is an obscure "statue like" movie prop.

Attachments

• IMG_7749.jpeg
    IMG_7749.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_7748.jpeg
    IMG_7748.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 230
I do dig the wunderkammer vibe with the "not-props". I think a lot of indy stuff, or the mummy would fit without feeling like a prop.

Maybe some of the stuff from indy's desk (there was a thread somewhere)? They are litterally not props but props. Lovely den btw

Or the Pazuzu idol from the exorcist XD

I do dig the wunderkammer vibe with the "not-props". I think a lot of indy stuff, or the mummy would fit without feeling like a prop.

Maybe some of the stuff from indy's desk (there was a thread somewhere)? They are litterally not props but props. Lovely den btw

Or the Pazuzu idol from the exorcist XD

I've never heard the word "wunderkammer" but now I can't stop looking at images online. LOL

Thanks for the help and kind words everyone. I reached out to Ozymandius about his Maltese Falcon.

That little dark grey Idol in there now is from Indy's Desk in Raiders...

This has got me thinking that a shelf full of PROPS, NOT PROPS could be super cool and go beyond just 3-4 pieces... :unsure:

Keep 'em coming!

Bubo is definitely too much a prop. What about a Cthulhu statue? There are lot of nice version of that around. The spear of destiny? That's appeared in several movies, and is more of an artifact.

Bubo is definitely too much a prop. What about a Cthulhu statue? There are lot of nice version of that around. The spear of destiny? That's appeared in several movies, and is more of an artifact.
Yeah, I kinda thought that too…and he’s plastic

Great options…I think I need to find something specific to a movie though

How about the Nurhachi (spelling) urn from Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom? The spear of destiny appeared in Hellboy, Constantine and Indiana Jones And The Dial OF Destiny.

I don't know where you got your white Japanese mask, but it looks a lot like the one in Deckard's apt. in Blade Runnero_O(y)

I don't know where you got your white Japanese mask, but it looks a lot like the one in Deckard's apt. in Blade Runnero_O(y)

Yup! That's the one...got it here!

I’m leaning toward something Indiana Jones or National Treasure related. The Maltese Falcon was a good suggestion. Something that comes across as an artifact rather than a prop. Or even a Graflex camera. Something vintage.

Anything in here could be a possibility:
IMG_0839.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m leaning toward something Indiana Jones or National Treasure related. The Maltese Falcon was a good suggestion. Something that comes across as an artifact rather than a prop. Or even a Graflex camera. Something vintage.

Anything in here could be a possibility:
View attachment 1744554

Great idea, but I've got that covered in a display in my Man Cave...:)

Attachments

• IMG_4560 Large.jpeg
    IMG_4560 Large.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 72
With my Indy display case, I'm limited in height to only about 8"...so anything taller from Indy would work.

My bookcase is about 17" tall so that's why those taller prop statues are perfect for that space...is a good area to highlight tallish props

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back