Just Getting Started...Please Critique My BILLY Props Display

The CCL website definitely still has the CR2032 versions...but not CR2450.

I found them by Googling "CR2032 usb converter". If you do the same for CR2450, you'll notice that "Battery Eliminator Store" has them, although they're very expensive. Perhaps the CR2032 converter can be made to work with some conductive padding?

I also found a this on YouTube:

Bill

The CCL website definitely still has the CR2032 versions...but not CR2450.

I found them by Googling "CR2032 usb converter". If you do the same for CR2450, you'll notice that "Battery Eliminator Store" has them, although they're very expensive. Perhaps the CR2032 converter can be made to work with some conductive padding?

I also found a this on YouTube:

Bill
Or if I could find a 2032 powered remote candle of similar size, I could use that one. I thought I found one (Amazon's search is useless as it refuses to only return the results you actually ask for so I have to use an outside search engine), but it says it's now 'upgraded' to use 2450 (lasts longer). Yeah, not as long as a converter with AC power. I'm also a bit concerned about how many I have scattered far from one another (e.g. like the Ark of the Covenant one sitting on a stand below the bookshelf. I might also have to do some bookshelf drilling to make it neat.

Part of the problem with the batteries is that the candles still use power when turned off with the remote (to be able to receive the remote signal) so they die within about 3 months even if you don't use them. You can manually turn them off, but that becomes a royal pain for a quick display (especially if they're inside Sankara stones).

Consider that you may not need "remote" candles. If you can get any candles powered by wire, you can hook up whatever timer or smart plugs you need.

Consider that you may not need "remote" candles. If you can get any candles powered by wire, you can hook up whatever timer or smart plugs you need.
I suppose a switch would do or an outlet on/off switch. I have it set up in the front of my home theater off to the left side on a bookshelf, kind of like a diorama. But I don't necessarily want it on while a movie is playing (music is fine)

I've actually got a theater room full of lit props I can turn on/off with one button plus a star/cloud projector for the ceiling that creates an almost outdoor atmosphere indoors while music plays, although my talking Darth Vader helmet (sitting on my subwoofer, hence Darth Subwoofer) that lights up and yells/taunts you if you walk by can interfere. I made my own subwoofer based spoof sayings, around 12 or so (e.g. "The bass is with you, but you are not a subwoofer yet" or "No Luke (breathing sound pause), I am your subwoofer!" or my favorite, "Your bass is weak old man!")

That sounds really cool!

Yeah, my props display has Wyze brand smart switches, so I can turn them all on or off with my phone. I've so far not had to keep anything on batteries!

So it's been awhile, and much has been added to my collection!

PXL_20240421_055100249.jpg

There are definitely some shelves that need some TLC, but some I'm very happy with!

I've started photographing and cataloging every item in the collection. Wish I had done that sooner!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back