My Nostromo EVA Suit Project

Socker

Jr Member
Hi everyone.
After several years looking for references and information about this suit, this last year 2022 I finally decided to make my dream come true, made my Nostromo EVA Suit replica. Ever since I saw the movie I have always wanted this suit, despite the fact that it rarely appears, only in the first moments of the film when investigating on the surface of the planet. But from that moment on seeing them in the movie, the image remained in my head until today, when I have felt capable of carrying out such an enormous project like this.

at first I did my searches specifically in Boots and gloves and this is what I found and ended up buying.

My boots, still need modifications.

Gloves, only need paintjob.

I started to do the first part that I thought was convenient, I was new to this world of 3D printing. I buy the ''.STL'' files and started printing my big Shoulders in 3 parts, they are 3D files. I using Artillery Sidewinder X1 printer, they have big sice for this pieces.

So that the 3D pieces don't move in addition to using a good glue, I use a thermal stapler, also used in the automotive industry to repair broken plastic parts of cars or motorcycles.

The fact that the piece is welded with these staples gives me a lot of security for the future, whether using the piece or transporting it, I know it will be well attached.

After all of the above, I put all my time into making the front box and all the greeblies that this piece has.

I created in 3D some pieces that I needed to assemble, like this rectangle grill, the disk with pivots and a Square ventilation grill.
It has been quite a time trial, I have learned to create these pieces using youtube videos, since I did not know anything before I started, I had no idea about 3D modeling.

I continued the assembly of the front box and it's successive greeblies.

Another of the pieces that I created in 3D was one that is located on the left side of the front box, that is placed with a part of the HAWK engine model from Space 1999.

This is the specific piece that I designed and printed.

The next piece that I started are the retractable handles.

And at the same time the tube that goes on the right side of the front box and at the bottom.

Thanks in advance and I continue posting my progress..

This is great!
And that hot stapler is very interesting.
Thanks mate.
It turns out that a casing on my motorcycle broke while doing some engine work and well, an accident happened, I saw that this thermal stapler was quite used to repair something like what had happened to me and then using putty and sanding the finish was perfect and in addition there made a stronger and more durable union than just using some plastic glue. But when I saw its effectiveness in person, I thought... Maybe I can use this technique for my impressions and it was a success...

Hi.
I continue updating my progress, the shoulder bells finished base paint in the absence of the greenish oxidized effect.

Helmet and backpack buttons also some pieces that I saw arround the helmet.

Helmet hose.

Here are the big Master piece!! My Helmet :D I used a roof skylight that I bought at my plastics supply store and I use cardboard arround to get the proportions and a pattern to make the entire structure of the helmet in rigid plastic.

I draw a pattern with the embossed borders that are seen in various parts of the helmet, from that file I first printed it in 2D on paper and later I created the piece in a 3D file to obtain the desired relief for adapt to my helmet.

See you soon I come back whit more progress...

Hi, I'm come back..
Working the night shift upsets my normality, until I adapt. Well I return with the progress in the borders that I managed to print in 3D

I add some gold color.

Meanwhile I continue progress slowly assembly the helmet.

Testing square light buttons.

I'm going to continue with it, this is starting to get interesting and serious :lol::p

I told myself, only one is mine... but the other two printers belong to a friend, let's say that they couldn't be at his house, a couple thing! and wellthey ended up at my house and two years have passed. When my colleague wants something I print it for him and he lets me use them in my projects without hassling.
It is already as if they were the other two printers of mine after this long time, the maintenance that I do for them and the spare parts that I buy for them due to wear and tear..

Hello everyone, here I return with some more progress..

I printed the parts of the Hawk from space 1999. I found a 3D file of the ship and after cutting the parts I needed and scaled to the correct size.
I use to smooth the lines (after first sanding the piece) Montana 94 Matte Black, its high thickness makes it perfectly cover the printing layers with three layers depending on the size of the piece and shape is usually enough. The good thing is that once it is totally dry it can be sanded without any problem.

I also created some greeblies like these discs and I have Printed it in Resin

If I'm honest, I wasn't aware of its size until I had it on my head today and saw the photo.
It is a great puzzle, I know that I still have a great job to do and I will need a lot of putty and sanding work to get it right..

I have gone to the fabric store to buy the ones that I thought were the most appropriate after seeing many photos and checking the shades of fabrics, I found those with reliefs and the buckles too, they were black and I have painted them gray as I saw in the reference photos that I have.

I'm going to continue with it..

I love seeing how you approached this project. Thanks for sharing how you are tackling all the parts for the helmet. I'll be following it until the finale.

Hi everyone..

I continue printing, sanding and cuttting pieces to made all back helmet greeblies and parts, olso soldering the led lights.

And glued all the red wire that I have obtained and that surrounds the entire helmet.

I painting to see imperfections, need sanding some parts, apply putty in some holes that I left and I didn't see before...

I'm going to continue with it..

Thank you all, it's nice to see that the result of your work every day is turning out well as you progress.. :D

My last piece has been to paint these days, its the gloves in the most similar tone that I found in the photos that I have for reference and I think it has turned out quite well, I have used a Montana hardcore spray paint.

And well, I have started the pattern making of the EVA suit pants.

I hope that the following progresses will turn out well with the fabric, it is not my specialty, but hey, I really want to create my costumes. ;)(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back