My Mechanical Bone-Themed Crossbow.

Excellent!
I must admit I was starting to wonder if maybe you had abandoned this one.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the bow come together :thumbsup

If ADHD... so when I get to a point on a project that I need someone else help, I have to pause. Then while "waiting" I get involved on whatever other thing I'm working on... It's a constant juggle to keep all my projects active at any one time.

Plus, I can only work on stuff as I have the funds, which are extremely tight for my family these days.

Remember that metal 1/4 dome aluminum piece in the background of the above pics? It's a doorstop!
And now its a lower jaw!

Of course a lower jaw alone is...lonely, so I formed a skull face to go with it as well. It's from a vacuum-formed piece off a cool coin bank I got. Then I tucked and attached material to it to blend into the rest of the quiver.

Finally, a bit of color matching paint over the skull face. The flash makes the color a little light compared to the leather. To the eyes in regular light it looks to blend well.

So how does it look so far to you??

looking good :thumbsup
If I was totally anal, I'd ask if there was any way that the lower jaw could be 'squared off' a little at the bottom.

Want to do a "photoshop" sketch of what you mean?

This is sort of what I meant (to make the jaw a little more 'life-like'):

jaw.jpg

to give something a little more like this:

100_1715.jpg

please forgive the crudity of the editing, but I've only got access to 'paint' at the moment :(

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back