NASA themed Rocketeer

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a riff on the Rocketeer helmet in a retro-mod NASA theme. The design of the helmet came from my friend biggingerviking on Instagram. Check him out, he's got a whole page of renderings of this kind of stuff. He kindly lent me one of his files to modify and bring one of his renders into the real world. I frigging love this thing. And now I'm kicking around a matching NASA rocketback, because of course I am.

FD053BBE-9959-4991-9730-4064EE38C09D.jpg
IMG_0447.jpeg
B1530A78-7EF1-485F-8314-CDF3246949F6.jpg
2F25416D-2EEF-43A3-B26E-DD657B531350.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 10.09.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 10.09.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 10.10.02 PM.png

Pretty fun.
Although I'm not a fan of the recessed visor. I feel it would be better more flush to the shell.

Last edited:
Love the jet pack:cool:(y)(y) As for the helmet; I would've prefer that the fin stopped at the top of the visor. All in all, a fun theme and exercise in design;)

Looks really cool. If we are thinking real world, then the fin would obscure the vision way too much, extending so far out from the visor. Would be better to start the fin where the visor stops at the top. Or, if you absolutely want it across the visor, then make it almost level to the visor, so the vision isn't obscured too much.

Looks really cool. If we are thinking real world, then the fin would obscure the vision way too much, extending so far out from the visor. Would be better to start the fin where the visor stops at the top. Or, if you absolutely want it across the visor, then make it almost level to the visor, so the vision isn't obscured too much.
Your eyes actually see right past the fin. Doesn't obscure anything really. This helmet has better visibility than my other rocketeer helmet, or any of my Star Wars helmets. Also, it's a comic character. Plus, well, it's my favorite part :)

Love the path you're taking with this project.(y)(y) If I was to have the helmet, without the fin going all the way in front; I would stop it just above the visor and put a continuous light all along the width of the fin...you know, flight lights during night flying;)

The NASA Rocketeer Flightsuit is in motion. I've settled on a jacket/pants combo. Both textile riding gear from Rev'it. They have a great look and color scheme that feels right. Gloves and boots are next. I even found my NASA mission patch. I'll be heading to Mars with this.

I also modeled a chestpiece for the suit. A high-altitude oxygen system. Hoses will feed into the back of the helmet. The chestpiece will mount to the straps of my harness, which I also acquired this week.

OH! And I have the majority of the rocket printed out. Just the mid section to go. Really excited about how this is coming together.

IMG_0600.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG
IMG_0673.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 10.40.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 12.47.09 PM.png
IMG_0670.jpeg
9A09CFB2-DB34-49A2-95B9-EDCE3B710F53.jpg

Last edited:
This is really going together great.

Are you going to add a panel to the front of you jacket to hide the straps and zip like the movie Jacket?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back