My Jar-Jar Binks "meets" part of the original film-used Jar-Jar!

Bossk

I posted some images of my Jar Jar Binks costume here some years ago, but this past weekend at the ICCC Sci-Fi Fan and Collector's Convention held at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in Lebanon, I saw, and posed with part of the original Jar-Jar costume which was on display there. The owner explained that this was worn during the filming of The Phantom Menace by Ahmed Best when he was doing motion capture scenes. The skin texture of the original prop looked virtually identical to that of my costume, which was made from one of the old vinyl life-size figures sponsored by Pepsi and displayed in movie theaters. I now believe that these Pepsi Jar Jar statues were made from the same molds as the original costume, so thought this would be of interest to all of the readers here who might have one of these statues in their collections. I decided it would be more fun to make a costume out of my statue, and it turned out the my arm length was virtually identical to the statue arms, so I was able to fit into the original vinyl body parts. This costume has been a big hit at every event I have taken it too, and despite all of the people who claim they "hate Jar Jar", it seems like everybody still want to have their picture taken with him!

Attachments

• original Jar Jar arm prop.jpg
    original Jar Jar arm prop.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 109
  • jar jar at the Bash.jpg
    jar jar at the Bash.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 102
  • jarjaronspeederbike (2).jpg
    jarjaronspeederbike (2).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 147

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back