My Back to the Future collection [Real Guess jacket P48]

Okay, so i managed to find me a pair of trucks that were a bit similar to the Invaders, they are called bullet. What I have done is that I have been using the hangers of the bullet and used the base plates of the original Valterra, they seem to match pretty well :p

Then, I decided to add the copers to the trucks, and I've outcut the letters and stick onto the copers. Took some time to do, but it looks pretty clean, so I'm happy with it.

DSC_0064.jpg
DSC_0059.jpg
DSC_0068.jpg

Last edited:
Emma you aced it!

Copers are made in a great variety of sizes, I had to trim mine about 1/2" because they were too wide. Looks like the fit is great with those hangers you found.

Thanks! By the way, I noticed something, it says on fullcircle that the trucks are 8" hanger width? Wouldn't that be too much? It's actually bigger than the VP9? The copers you gave me are actually 5" width, so the axle needs to be 8"?

Axle length and hanger width are two different measurements. I think the movie copers would measure in at just under 5 inches. They fit very close to the wheels in the movie, they are probably trimmed. This was a common practice for a generic coper, like these Z Flex versions. My theory is that they are either the original Valterra copers or the Maxi-Lite brand Madrid used to source on the movie board.

Why did did you decide to cut out the letters?

Axle length and hanger width are two different measurements. I think the movie copers would measure in at just under 5 inches. They fit very close to the wheels in the movie, they are probably trimmed. This was a common practice for a generic coper, like these Z Flex versions. My theory is that they are either the original Valterra copers or the Maxi-Lite brand Madrid used to source on the movie board.

Why did did you decide to cut out the letters?

Thanks! Mainly thanks to you though :p! It's pretty difficult to see if a full sticker has been used on the trucks, but I kinda wanted to give the impression that the trucks were from Madrid, so I thought it would be pretty neat to do so.

I actually had to hammer the copers down. They were difficult to fit, and I am a bit scared that they might pop out someday, they seem to stay pretty well on the trucks so far, so hopefully, it will be okay xD

I need some extra bolts so I cannot fit the trucks yet. I have some problem with the Kingpin too, it seems to be too big in lengh... I cannot find washers that would do the trick, what would you consider in this case?

The individual letters cut out is clean, I do like it. You also won't have to worry about the white of the sticker matching the slightly off white of the copers.

Is the original Valterra kingpin too long because of the shape of the hanger your using? You could order some taller bushings to compensate, maybe the old ones have already been compressed and worn out.

Okay, so i managed to find me a pair of trucks that were a bit similar to the Invaders, they are called bullet. What I have done is that I have been using the hangers of the bullet and used the base plates of the original Valterra, they seem to match pretty well :p

http://s11.postimg.org/zdpal930j/DSC_1722.jpg

Then, I decided to add the copers to the trucks, and I've outcut the letters and stick onto the copers. Took some time to do, but it looks pretty clean, so I'm happy with it.

http://s11.postimg.org/mnl285v2b/DSC_0007.jpg

And, I added the grip tape, won't lye, I kinda struggled...

http://s11.postimg.org/e6q5azfr7/DSC_1715.jpg

Nice job! :)

This is probbly a little premature, but do you have any plans for a next project Emma?

I don't have any plans for a next project. To be honest, I'll probably take a little break as I need to save up for London Comic Con. Christopher Lloyds and Lea Thompson will be there, so I kinda want to make sure I'll meet them :p

I don't have any plans for a next project. To be honest, I'll probably take a little break as I need to save up for London Comic Con. Christopher Lloyds and Lea Thompson will be there, so I kinda want to make sure I'll meet them :p
I was just looking at the line up on the website, would you pay to have a photo with them? I was wondering if they would be willing to autograph also, but i see that's a separate ticket option. Maybe they wouldn't be 'allowed' unless you have paid for it. (Sorry, not meaning to take your thread onto other topics, your collection is amazing, you take it to another level!!)

I was just looking at the line up on the website, would you pay to have a photo with them? I was wondering if they would be willing to autograph also, but i see that's a separate ticket option. Maybe they wouldn't be 'allowed' unless you have paid for it. (Sorry, not meaning to take your thread onto other topics, your collection is amazing, you take it to another level!!)

No worries, it's the first time that I'll be in London Comic con. A friend was gently enough to pay a Chrisopher Lloyds Diamond ticket and photo session with Lea Thompson for me in advance. So I'll have to refund him over months. It is really expensive, I'll give you that. I believe you can have autographs but the queue will be pretty long. Hopefully you can get an autograph with your photo session, it's what I am hoping for. There will be many BTTF actors, I made a list of the actors who will be there:

Christopher Lloyd – Dr. Emmett Brown
Lea Thompson – Lorraine Baines
Claudia Wells – Jennifer Parker
Marc McClure – Dave McFly
Frances Lee McCain – Stella Baines
James Tolkan – Mr. Strickland
Donald Fullilove – Goldie Wilson
Harry Waters Jr. – Marvin Berry

Hopefully I'll be able to see them all! But in a day, I am not so sure about this haha

No worries, it's the first time that I'll be in London Comic con. A friend was gently enough to pay a Chrisopher Lloyds Diamond ticket and photo session with Lea Thompson for me in advance. So I'll have to refund him over months. It is really expensive, I'll give you that. I believe you can have autographs but the queue will be pretty long. Hopefully you can get an autograph with your photo session, it's what I am hoping for. There will be many BTTF actors, I made a list of the actors who will be there:

Christopher Lloyd – Dr. Emmett Brown
Lea Thompson – Lorraine Baines
Claudia Wells – Jennifer Parker
Marc McClure – Dave McFly
Frances Lee McCain – Stella Baines
James Tolkan – Mr. Strickland
Donald Fullilove – Goldie Wilson
Harry Waters Jr. – Marvin Berry

Hopefully I'll be able to see them all! But in a day, I am not so sure about this haha

That Diamond ticket is pricey, but i think it will be worth it!! I am tempted to go now after seeing the line-up, I haven't been before either. But like you say, queues will probably be crazy and near-impossible to see to see all the actors that will be there. Also, Zach Galligan from Gremlins :D

That Diamond ticket is pricey, but i think it will be worth it!! I am tempted to go now after seeing the line-up, I haven't been before either. But like you say, queues will probably be crazy and near-impossible to see to see all the actors that will be there. Also, Zach Galligan from Gremlins :D

Yup, there will be good ones this year! It would be a shame to miss this event!

Which day are u going Em, I hope to go on the Sunday.I did go about 3 years back and met Chris,Leah, Jeffrey weisman and also got some of my props signed.It was a superb day and the queues were not to bad being the last day maybe!!. :cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back