My Back to the Future collection [Real Guess jacket P48]

Thanks everybody!!!
@maton > I will have a look, I have a class 5 vest, wrong colour though, but I can measure the buttons for you, and I have a good guess replica, that could do it too. I'll let you know!

Hi Emma, that would be great, if you don't mind. I've been looking a different press stud buttons, trying to pick the correct size and work out what ones would be the best colour. Gold or antique brass. Of course they won't have the Guess logo, but will do I guess :D

Your cap cleaned up nice! Great work!

Hi Emma, that would be great, if you don't mind. I've been looking a different press stud buttons, trying to pick the correct size and work out what ones would be the best colour. Gold or antique brass. Of course they won't have the Guess logo, but will do I guess :D

Your cap cleaned up nice! Great work!

Hey Maton, Both jacket has buttons of 1.5cm in diameter. They both have an antique brass colour in my opinion. Class-5 buttons are made in plastic actually!

Hey Maton, Both jacket has buttons of 1.5cm in diameter. They both have an antique brass colour in my opinion. Class-5 buttons are made in plastic actually!

Hi Emma, thank you very much. I really appreciate your help. I have ordered some 15mm antique brass and silver press stud buttons. They come as a set of mixed colours actually, so must be a thing on most jackets. From what I can see they are Brass coloured one side (left) and silver on the other (right)? Is that the same as on your Guess jacket? Are there 11 buttons in total? 5 down the front, 2 on each pocket and 1 on each cuff. Interesting that the class-5 buttons are plastic. Brass coloured one side and black on the other.

Charlie

Nice!!! Does it have the right patch?! It's the only one I found for a while with it XD! I'll envy you I you did find the exact one haha!
Let me know what you think!
IMG_2920.JPG
IMG_2921.JPG
IMG_2922.JPG
IMG_2923.JPG

EBay... just got lucky with it. Previously I had a newer inaccurate one that looked vintage. Real happy to have found it.

I have been looking even after the purchase of the one I found and never seen it :( It might have been locked for the US only, there are some items you can't see according to you ip sometimes! Well at least we know it does really exist xD

Emma have you pursued a replica of the Gibson ES 335? I contacted the seller brettyboy from the bttf guitar thread talked about and messaged them to see if they could make an accurate replica. They offer a similar guitar upfront but it isn't as accurate as sticklers would like. But they offer customization. I haven't gotten anything back yet but I will make sure to give updates on it. I should have an answer by tomorrow.

I found it while doing a search for I think "mountain dew snap back" sometimes it's the strange searches that yield the best results.

Yeah, I did look for that, but yeah, I don't recall seeing it! Oh well! I hope I'll find another one :p At least, it went to a fellow collector like you :p

@MitasTouch you and Emma take BTTF collecting to a whole other level. Lol

Emma, I'm surprised that you haven't tracked down Marty's purple Calvin Klein underwear...

You can talk Brad! You're the same! :p
MitasTouch, I don't really have the money for the guitars just now, I can't even manage to buy an accoustic for myself as I kinda miss playing my Ibanez (as it stayed in France)...

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one thing I am not clear on about the guitar. In most pictures for the black and white knob, the white part looks gold. There is only one picture of it being white and it's the one where MJF is playing it with just a white t shirt and a cigarette. Probably just a behind the scenes thing. I'm going to go ahead and see if I can request a gold knob. I also requested for the black switch above one of the knobs be changed to white.

Last edited:
One sticker down! I should receive a grip tape on Thursday, hopefully, I'll do this right :p What do you guys think?

DSC_1715.jpg

For a reminder, this is how my board looked before:

juk0.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back