My Back to the Future Collection and Projects

To lighten my maxcady jacket I am thinking about watering down some white fabric paint with a tad bit of blue mixed in.

I darkened the blue sections. It's finished now except for the collar because I need a new fabric marker as mine ran out lol. I took this picture to show the difference in color.
11103034_10204263230648981_4824585515724972223_n.jpg

My girlfriend ordered me the boomerang pin from etsy and she is sending me my art in revolution and black bass guitar pin. And also my window pane shirt.

Last edited:
I just ordered a fine tipped flat gold paint pen to go over the stitching to be accurate to a real Guess jacket. It's a small detail, but I'm a stickler for things I can easily make better. But I will set the marker aside for a little bit when I get it because first I will make the dark grey lighter by using some white fabric paint to lightly spritz over it. I will thin it down so it's not too thick and so it's easier to spray, and I will add a hint of blue to it. But I will do a test first on some scrap denim I have so I don't accidentally ruin my jacket.
$(KGrHqJ,!nwFG1bDPP4VBRv1vBtuCQ~~60_3.JPG

Tulip-4-oz-White-Fabric-Spray-Paint-P13301465.jpg

Last edited:
I realized that I was rolling the cuffs wrong because there was a big border of grey fabric that shouldn't have been there. I actually had to fold that completely over. They look much better now. I'll upload a picture later.
11065551_10204298152041994_5905324546849334811_n.jpg

11110170_10204298152241999_7539459723066088752_n.jpg

Picture23-1.png

Last edited:
I got my Nike Bruins sent to me. I'm still in the process of making the swooshes and back parts red. I cleaned the shoe on the right up with some white angelus leather paint. This stuff is tough. The only thing I can get it off with is acetone. Even digging your fingernail on it doesn't do anything. Its like a rubber when it dries.
11137144_10204330432088975_3358795013958649204_n.jpg

Last edited:
So I got my Magnoli vest yesterday. He it is compared to my woolrich vest. It's well constructed, but it looks like I got a prototype. The color is way too light and the pockets are too sharp.
10856644_10204368241434185_8770170891470780060_o.jpg

From the picture they both look "faded..." Color on screen never gives a true representation so its hard to say.
The collar and button to sticthing alignment looks great on the Magnoli one, the pockets seem to be slightly off shape and I cant tell from the picture but does it have the correct pocket stitching?
Honestly it looks like an overall great replica, just short of the original vests!

From the picture they both look "faded..." Color on screen never gives a true representation so its hard to say.
The collar and button to sticthing alignment looks great on the Magnoli one, the pockets seem to be slightly off shape and I cant tell from the picture but does it have the correct pocket stitching?
Honestly it looks like an overall great replica, just short of the original vests!

Trust me when I say it doesn't look too well when I out it on over the jacket. My woolrich vest would be more recognizable. Mostly on account of the color. That can probably be fixed by using some nylon dye. And I'm not sure what you mean by the correct stitching on the pockets. It does have a slight border around them if that's what you mean.

Yes the slight border is what I was talking about. Glad it's there, though I still can't convince myself to buy one. Is the color too orange for you? Does it have a gloss look to it in reality?

Yes the slight border is what I was talking about. Glad it's there, though I still can't convince myself to buy one. Is the color too orange for you? Does it have a gloss look to it in reality?

Yes. It's like pumpkin orange. And it's really shiny and slick. I plan to ise nylon dye to get it darker. And Magnoli actually gave me an option to make a paper or cardboard cutout of the shape of pocket I want and send that along with the vest and have better pockets made. Hopefully that will go towards other vests so they don't stay like mine for future customers.

Last edited:
I would actually like some assiatance with the pattern if someone is willing to. I'm not a good drawer and I don't have a laptop or printer I can use whenever I want. If a file was made I could print it at work. I would provide any needed dimensions.

I posted this in another thread and forgot to update this one lol. Its a replica Shah Safari shirt I found on ebay. The hash lines appear lighter from a distance just like the movie. This isn't the "official" shirt.
11255842_10204544312115842_8526019242604003332_n.jpg

11148713_10204544311835835_2457675718700929869_n.jpg

I also purchased this today. It is fully functional.
$_1.JPG

$_1.JPG

Also about my post a few weeks ago about painting my denim jacket to be lighter I decided not to do that for fear of ruining it.

Last edited:
I was surfing the web for Aiwa HP-M15 headphones and came across a set of cheap vintage Sony headphones that are strikingly similar. There is still one set left right now.
$_1.JPG

coxi.jpg

I just need to get some decals to put over the Sony logo. Would anyone know how to take the picture I posted and make printable vector files?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back