My Back to the Future Collection and Projects

Well after being busy for so long I am finally getting my HG jacket ready for some more modding. I contacted the tailor that altered the shoulder pieces a while ago to swap out the liner for TheNickFox's accurate liner. I am going on leave tomorrow and won't be back until the 15th so I will drop it off at the tailor then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted the tailor that altered the shoulder pieces a while ago to swap out the liner for @TheNickFox's accurate liner. I am going on leave tomorrow and won't be back until the 15th so I will drop it off at the tailor then.

Can't wait to see it!

I'm going to be doing a liner swap and some mods to my Max Cady later this year...after I sew myself a vest. (Which I'm making out of an old Class 5 sleeping bag for the fabric and patterning off of a Class 5 vest)

-Nick

Can't wait to see it!

I'm going to be doing a liner swap and some mods to my Max Cady later this year...after I sew myself a vest. (Which I'm making out of an old Class 5 sleeping bag for the fabric and patterning off of a Class 5 vest)

-Nick
Thank you. I have an actual Class-5 vest that's the same model as the movie just a different color if you need any reference pictures. It's a size large. I also have some pictures of a size medium vest in the right color if you want those as well.

Thank you. I have an actual Class-5 vest that's the same model as the movie just a different color if you need any reference pictures. It's a size large.
Much appreciated but I've got a tan one in medium. I swear 99% of Class 5 vests in ANY color have to be owned by nerds like us by now. haha

I'm going to dissect it in its entirety so that I can pattern directly off of the flat fabric. (I've actually thought about live streaming the teardown somewhere for anyone nerdy enough to like that sort of thing)

And I'll be using the down for my vest to ensure the right density and loft. This obsession is starting to get the best of me! :lol

-Nick

Much appreciated but I've got a tan one in medium. I swear 99% of Class 5 vests in ANY color have to be owned by nerds like us by now. haha

I'm going to dissect it in its entirety so that I can pattern directly off of the flat fabric. (I've actually thought about live streaming the teardown somewhere for anyone nerdy enough to like that sort of thing)

And I'll be using the down for my vest to ensure the right density and loft. This obsession is starting to get the best of me! :lol

-Nick
I would watch that lol. Hey you might be able to use that pattern later down the road so more accurate replicas can be made. Or you might be able to sell it to Magnoli Clothiers or Markpoon since they both can make high quality clothes. The HeadGoonie vest is incredible, but having a real Class-5 vest right next to it you can spot the differences.

Last edited:
I would watch that lol. Hey you might be able to use that pattern later down the road so more accurate replicas can be made. Or you might be able to sell it to Magnoli Clothiers or Markpoon since they both can make high quality clothes. The HeadGoonie vest is incredible, but having a real Class-5 vest right next to it you can spot the differences.

The construction is actually really complex. So I can understand why they wouldn't be able to match it exactly. The way in which the seams are closed and contained and the way the thing needs to be flipped and inverted just to sew it properly is inane. Seriously, there were like 80 simpler ways of sewing these things, and their people went "NAH! Let's make it so 35 years later people will hate us for our quality!"

The stream would honestly be partly for me so I could rewatch it in reverse so I didn't forget anything about the construction.

-Nick

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back