MR Millenium Falcon

The box size should not be too much larger than the AT/AT I would guess but I assume this will be based on actual weight vs. dimentional weight this go round.

Lee

<div class='quotetop'>(Rogue Studios @ Jul 24 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]1286590[/snapback]</div>
The box size should not be too much larger than the AT/AT I would guess but I assume this will be based on actual weight vs. dimentional weight this go round.

Lee
[/b]

The mirrored base alone is right around 3' square.

Also, one of the project team members said the model itself is over 50 lbs, where last I heard it was being reported at about 40 lbs (this may have been mentioned here already -- I haven't read this whole thread).

As far as a case being offered this was reported over at Rebelscum.

"Also, it looks like MR will offer a domestically made acrylic cover for the Falcon, which comes with a base prepared to accept the top. Good news, as dusting this piece would be a daily affair if left uncovered."

So it looks like they took a page from Code 3 and are offering a case cover for an additional cost which has not been released as of yet.

Jim

More News folks. Looks like the Falcon will be shipping in November 06' +or- a few weeks. :eek

From the RS-

Hi All

First, we would like to thank you for all of the positive comments that were posted by the people who were able to see it at Comic Con last week.

Since the Millennium Falcon is going on sale tomorrow, let me give some information that may be useful.

1. The model that was shown at Comic Con was made by our vendor in Asia. This even includes the painting. So, the model actually represents what you will be receiving.
2. The base that is included is as it was displayed. It is our standard base, so it has the "lip" around the perimeter to accommodate a standard MR style cover. THE MF DOES NOT COME WITH A COVER. As of today, the total shipping weight is 97 Lbs. And very possibly, it will weight more due to the protective inserts we will have to put inside to safely ship the item. There is no way that an acrylic cover will make it to you without breaking at this weight. Also, the volume of the box would be huge. So, we are working with a couple acrylic vendors in the US that we wil give the specifications to, to make the cover. Since we are still working through this, we are not sure of the price and if you will be ordering from this 3rd party vendor or through Master Replicas. We will keep you updated on this and when they will become available.

3. The MF is run by AC. The wire goes through the base and connected on the side.

4. The LE's will be available through our Authorized Retailers.

5. Now here is the subject that everyone has a concern, a payment plan. We are in the works with our lawyers to offer a payment plan. We are still working through it, as you may imagine, there are a lot of legal issues with payment plans. So, unfortunately, we cannot offer it on ordering day. However, as soon as we resolve all of the issues, this will be an option that we will offer to everyone who had placed an order. Of course, this is assuming that all of the legal issues are resolved BEFORE we start to ship.

There are couple things that I must inform you in regards to the payment plan:
a. The product will only ship AFTER the final payment. Once the payment plan is in place, we will give you the schedule that MR will bill your credit card.
b. Shipping and Sales Tax (if applicable) will be charged on the last payment.
c. If you are one of the first 300 people to place an order and are fortunate enough to get a "P", we cannot guarantee that you will ultimately get a "P" since the model will only ship out after the final payment. The Falcons will be sent out in the order that they are processed. So some people who did not originally get a "P" may get one. (A "P" means a model number 1-300)
d. Since the laws vary from state to state, we may not be able to offer it to all states.

6. We will ship the Falcon iternationally.

Good Luck to everyone who wants to get one of these. If you have any questions, we will try to address as many as possible, since we understand that this a huge investment to everyone.

Bryan

More info here -

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

James

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back