MR Millenium Falcon

<div class='quotetop'>(Cougar @ Jul 21 2006, 11:06 AM) [snapback]1285031[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(AlltoEasy @ Jul 21 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]1285023[/snapback]
I wonder what it would be with shipping to the uk LOL

Dan
[/b]

I wonder what the shipping to NZ will be?, if I can clear a few things up in the next day or so.I'll be getting a MR Falcon as well.

" I have got too get me one of these.." :D :D
[/b][/quote]
I don't think international customers will be able to order it at all. After hearing an experience from elsewhere in Europe I just tried to order an AT-AT SE for delivery to the UK on the MR website and it told me there were no shipping options for my destination. Apparently contacting MR about it they will tell you to get it from a dealer or eBay. :(

I'm willing to lay a reasonable bet that MR will not ship these internationally at all. That after I just sorted out finances to get an SE....

:angry :( :angry

I would have bought this in a heartbeat, the price is right for what it is. It's an amazing replica and I SO badly want it. Only bad thing is the size.. I have no room for it.. UGHHHH.. These guys outdid themselves creating this. It's no less than Stunning.

My quandry. I'm up for the sig edition, but it's probably only worth going for (in terms of collector's value) if you leave your Falcon in factory condition. I'd like the option of repainting the Falcon if need be, so for that reason I'm leaning toward the regular edition.

Any thoughts?

<div class='quotetop'>(Ivanhotep @ Jul 21 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1285050[/snapback]</div>
My quandry. I'm up for the sig edition, but it's probably only worth going for (in terms of collector's value) if you leave your Falcon in factory condition. I'd like the option of repainting the Falcon if need be, so for that reason I'm leaning toward the regular edition.

Any thoughts?
[/b]

My thoughts are this: There is a vast difference in the quality of the Y-Wing factory paint job and the artists proof of the Falcon on display. Apples and oranges as they are (or perhaps tangerines and oranges), I'd at least wait to see the factory paint job on the Falcon before making any decisions.

When I first heard MR was planning on doing a studio scaled Falcon I knew I wanted one. The pics in the studio scale forum looked fantastic and the size doesn't bother me - I'll make the room for one. But now that my wife and I have just purchased a new house it's going to be tough justifying a $2k plus hit on my credit card. A payment plan would definitely help but what can you do.

Hopefully I can pick one up from one of the MR dealers on the board at a later time.

maybe we Euro collectors can unite and demand Euro shipping info :D

I might have the cash as long as shipping isn't ridiculous :eek
thats one of the advantages of a strong Euro agains the dollar.

Xeno

<div class='quotetop'>(xeno @ Jul 21 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]1285113[/snapback]</div>
maybe we Euro collectors can unite and demand Euro shipping info :D

I might have the cash as long as shipping isn't ridiculous :eek
thats one of the advantages of a strong Euro agains the dollar.

Xeno
[/b]
Plugging some info into the Fedex site I came up with somewhere between $565-$935

Be prepared.

From the way MR don't provide shipping to the UK for the AT-AT, I don't think we'll be able to order come tuesday anyway.

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jul 21 2006, 08:17 AM) [snapback]1285080[/snapback]</div>
My thoughts are this: There is a vast difference in the quality of the Y-Wing factory paint job and the artists proof of the Falcon on display. Apples and oranges as they are (or perhaps tangerines and oranges), I'd at least wait to see the factory paint job on the Falcon before making any decisions.
[/b]

The repaint (atleast the one I saw) and the original factory job represent two different Y-Wing models.

if that much shipping would be added, it would leave me out, waayyy to much,
so who is willing to help me get it from the US to Europe cheaper :)

Xeno

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Plugging some info into the Fedex site I came up with somewhere between $565-$935

Be prepared.

From the way MR don't provide shipping to the UK for the AT-AT, I don't think we'll be able to order come tuesday anyway.
[/b]

I think it would've been cool to have maybe 2 SE Falcons... One with Ford and another by Dykstra. Wasn't he a member 'round here for a bit? :lol :p

<div class='quotetop'>(xeno @ Jul 21 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1285173[/snapback]</div>
if that much shipping would be added, it would leave me out, waayyy to much,
so who is willing to help me get it from the US to Europe cheaper :)

Xeno
[/b]

Well it would fit into a suitcase, and it would be cheaper to fly over and bring it back with you (assuming you had a US friend that was willing to take delivery at their house)
And with European airports being so busy 'n' all, you might forget to declare it at Customs... saving you the VAT and Import Duty :D

I think it's a bloody disgrace that MR are turning their backs on their European customers :angry
So what is the shipping cost is prohibitive... at least give us the option. :(

Cheers,
John

if shipping is more then $500,- it will be cheaper to pick it up in person :D
I've sent MR an email about this, lets see how they respond.

Xeno

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Well it would fit into a suitcase, and it would be cheaper to fly over and bring it back with you (assuming you had a US friend that was willing to take delivery at their house)
And with European airports being so busy 'n' all, you might forget to declare it at Customs... saving you the VAT and Import Duty :D

I think it's a bloody disgrace that MR are turning their backs on their European customers :angry

Cheers,
John
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(xeno @ Jul 22 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]1285712[/snapback]</div>
if shipping is more then $500,- it will be cheaper to pick it up in person :D
I've sent MR an email about this, lets see how they respond.

Xeno

<div class='quotetop'>

Cheers,
John
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I'll be very interested in any reply you get.

I've heard that the answer to the same question about the AT-AT was 'buy from a dealer or eBay.'

If there's not any option at all to ship the SE Falcon internationally (whatever ridiculous price FedEx would charge) then they really have deserted us. The crown jewel of the SW line that they have made so far, unavailable to us - even having bought a CS membership with SS coupon we might not be able to use....

I can't believe that it seems the first I will know of whether shipping is available, and if it is what the cost will be when I type my address in on ordering day.

Does anyone else think that the MF release has been a bit of a mess?

* The information about the date and prices arrive just a few days before ordering date. I still haven't got the e-mail, and I've been getting them of late. It seems that others still haven't got it either? That means there's going to alot of people who don't hang out in places like this that may not even know about it. It's not even been on the MR Blog that I've seen.

* The announcement was missing a number of key pieces of information:
- Details on the optional acrylic cover (the e-mail almost implies that a cover is included "Museum quality display stand with mirrored case"
- Shipping prices
- International shipping or lack thereof
- Is there any deposit required like there was on the AT-AT and Snowspeeder (I doubt there is as they haven't done this since to my knowledge - but even so it would be nice to know for sure)
- More info on the AC adaptor

* Since it was timed around Comic Con nobody is here to clear up these issues.

For such a big, important and expensive item this seems to have been an extremely hurried release, rather than a considered one with plenty of time to sort out peoples issues and finances before ordering day. Yes we've got the pics, but ordering day should have been at the end of August IMHO when all the issues could have been cleared up.

this is part of the automatic reply I got so far:

Thank you for contacting Master Replicas. Your questions and concerns are very important to us. Due to Comic Con we will be out of the office and it may take a couple of days to get back with you. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. If you need immediate assistance please give us a call on our toll free number, 1-866-REPLIKA (866-737-5452).

:lol

Xeno

I don't know many people at all who have received an official email. Perhaps the email was released prematurely, or some info. has changed? Anyway, I edited my initial post - until the majority of CS members receive their email, it leaves more questions than answers. Hopefully the sale date is accurate since everybody is anticipating the Falcon, but I'm having doubts at this point. For such a huge release, you'd expect alot more "official" hoopla by now.

Well I do work for an airline that flyes to New York from Madrid, Spain. The cost of the ticket for me is 45 euros, so I know i'll be buying a really big suitcase and making a trip to NY this Christmas to pick up my MF. I did that with the AT-AT and checked that big box as luggage, but this time I'm afraid the shipping box will be too huge. I may even forget to declare it and save around $1000 on shipping and customs. :p

Next year around march, another trip to pick the Enterprise.

<div class='quotetop'>(spinner 44 @ Jul 23 2006, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1286176[/snapback]</div>
Well I do work for an airline that flyes to New York from Madrid, Spain. The cost of the ticket for me is 45 euros, so I know i'll be buying a really big suitcase and making a trip to NY this Christmas to pick up my MF. I did that with the AT-AT and checked that big box as luggage, but this time I'm afraid the shipping box will be too huge. I may even forget to declare it and save around $1000 on shipping and customs. :p

Next year around march, another trip to pick the Enterprise.
[/b]

Sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup

But don't you think Christmas will be too soon for pick-up. If I'm not mistaken, the Falcons will not be shipping until late winter. And to me, that means March.

The Wook

<div class='quotetop'>(yodaman @ Jul 23 2006, 09:41 PM) [snapback]1286163[/snapback]</div>
I don't know many people at all who have received an official email. Perhaps the email was released prematurely, or some info. has changed? Anyway, I edited my initial post - until the majority of CS members receive their email, it leaves more questions than answers. Hopefully the sale date is accurate since everybody is anticipating the Falcon, but I'm having doubts at this point. For such a huge release, you'd expect alot more "official" hoopla by now.
[/b]
Yup I'm not so sure it's this tuesday. Apparently no mention of the date by MR at Comic Con is the biggest strike against it to me. Also the Blog doesn't mention a date. Apparently there are some reports of dealers hearing it's tuesday - but I'm wondering if that's when they are going to get pricing and ordering info rather than us.

I find it hard to believe that their biggest release thus far would be handled like this.

<div class='quotetop'>(The Wook @ Jul 24 2006, 12:31 AM) [snapback]1286316[/snapback]</div>
Sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup

But don't you think Christmas will be too soon for pick-up. If I'm not mistaken, the Falcons will not be shipping until late winter. And to me, that means March.

The Wook
[/b]

Let it it be in march. And Xmas for the Enterprise (I wonder where I'll get the money from... guess is time to sell the LOTR statues.)

Regards.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back