MR Leia Pistol Disassembly

It's really tough to get a nice even and dark blue on the Sidkit BR blaster, at least for me it was. This was with the BW Casey stuff. I'm still not happy with it, but I guess for the Worldcon look it was fine.

Dunno how you were planning to do the bluing but I think you may have to end up going the paint route.

Hopefully you can prove me wrong, because there ain't nuthin' like a nice dark gun blue.

Great job so far and good luck!

Started sanding the receiver and barrel. I'll finish up by polishing with a brass wire wheel for the dremel tool. I could stop here with a really cool custom. The top part of the receiver hasn't been polished yet. This is what the entire gun used to look like.

leia19z.jpg

Last edited:
GREAT WORK :) my pal odiwan72 hooked me up wtih the REAL russian margolin .22 cal gun. I LOVE this star wars blaster model almost more then a trooper blaster. The only difference from the real gun is the little square on the site that looks like the LFL guys just glued ontop of the site. i put a aluminum tube in the barrel, wrapped a phone cord onthe barrel, and then affixed the flash that was on the end of the real gun...theres nothing like the real thing. when i saw the mess MR made with this one at the toyfair i was really sad for them but happy for me that i have the real deal. while u got that pup apart wanna make a resin copy of the square so i can glue it on my margolins site? Curt :)

Thanks! MR managed to leave off the safety too. :rolleyes To be honest, you could get by a lot more cheaply by cutting a piece of styrene for that piece. It is a 13X13 millimeter square, 1mm thick.

Started sanding the receiver and barrel. I'll finish up by polishing with a brass wire wheel for the dremel tool. I could stop here with a really cool custom. The top part of the receiver hasn't been polished yet. This is what the entire gun used to look like.

leia19.jpg

Shiny :love

Love what you did with it and I´m keen on seeing how the blueing works out for you!?

I have two converted real Margolins myself, that´s why I´ll never ever touch the SE artist-proof DDC I got from Steve D. :)

Markus

You should remove that finned radiator piece behind the muzzle and replace it with a machined Bobadebt version (if you have/can find one). That MR part is not very accurate.

GREAT WORK :) my pal odiwan72 hooked me up wtih the REAL russian margolin .22 cal gun. I LOVE this star wars blaster model almost more then a trooper blaster. The only difference from the real gun is the little square on the site that looks like the LFL guys just glued ontop of the site. i put a aluminum tube in the barrel, wrapped a phone cord onthe barrel, and then affixed the flash that was on the end of the real gun...theres nothing like the real thing. when i saw the mess MR made with this one at the toyfair i was really sad for them but happy for me that i have the real deal. while u got that pup apart wanna make a resin copy of the square so i can glue it on my margolins site? Curt :)

YEP...nothing can beat the real deal ;)
Other differences were the missing markings on the grip-shells and the simplified mag-bottom/ -release.
And I totally agree to Chris T. regarding the removal/ replacement of the grill!

Anyway...all in all I still think MR did a killer job with this blaster, except for the paintjob (Sorry Steve, I read about the paint-approval fiasco :lol).

Markus

Looks good! I have the ROTJ version (Margolin from Markus) and I think out of all the SW guns this is the most comfortable gun. I would love to fire a real one (the .22 not blaster) because it seems like a really nice gun. Could shoot like crap though. :lol

That looks great, no doubt, and you've done a stellar job, but my God, man, you are BRAVE!

You should remove that finned radiator piece behind the muzzle and replace it with a machined Bobadebt version (if you have/can find one). That MR part is not very accurate.

Must be some thing wrong with my memory, because the MR version looks identical to the Bobadebt version. What are the differences?

Heya Clutch, can u hook me up with a nice fat pic of that square detail and how its attached to the site? The real gun site they just glued that to i guess..thanx :) curt

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back