Mortal Kombat

I remember getting the SNES one for Christmas and then eventually the genesis one. I just saw on a commercial that to use Scorpion's original finishing move you have to preorder from gamestop. I'm hoping that like most of these preorders it becomes available as a cheap download. I know the "gamestop" exclusives for War For Cybertron later were available dirt cheap on xbox live.

Yes I can't wait maybe as soon as it comes out someone over on Facepunch will rip the game models and I can have pepakura fun I've been waiting for a good Sektor and Cyrax model to show up.

Agreed.. Those Mortal Kombat Models you gave me at one point were ok but this would be nicer. I ordered mine from gamestop to get the scorpion character. XBOX360 version .. Good thing I have the full size arcade version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 to keep me occupied.

Shadow you must be talking about the MK vs. DC Models which I actually have all of them, just patiently awaiting this because I want to make one of the robot costumes so badly. There's a bit of confusion on the forums though where we rip from games as to how to get the models though we already know that they are on a Unreal Engine so that makes it a little easier to get the models off the disk but still gotta wait to see what we can do, I already know the models are higher poly than the MK vs. DC files.

Basically the preorders went as

Bestbuy - Subzero classic costume and fatality
Gamestop - Scorpion classic costume and fatality
Amazon - Reptile classic costome and fatality
Walmart - Mileena classic costume and fatality

also

Tournament and Kollectors edition - Ermac classic costume and fatality.

They're basically they're fatalites from their first appearance and then the color palette swap blue/yellow/green/red ninja's.

My buddy got it. He said it was fun to use initially, but when it comes to specials and fatalities, it's useless. He said the stick isn't as precise as a D-pad so he's put it away and started playing with his PS3 controller.

My buddy got it. He said it was fun to use initially, but when it comes to specials and fatalities, it's useless. He said the stick isn't as precise as a D-pad so he's put it away and started playing with his PS3 controller.

As a huge SSF4/MVC3 player this is confusing! Is he used to playing fighting games on a stick? Even if its just the madcatz non-japanese/TE stick I think most people would find it more comfortable

Got this game on Sunday, and just beat the story mode. I absolutly love it. I grew up playing the original SNES Mortal Kombat games, and this is a major throwback to those games. Was very easy (for me at least) to pick up since most of the character's moves were identical to the SNES versions.

What I really like about the story mode is that you play through every character and you are pretty much forced into learning at least some of each's moves.

I really wish they'd make an SNES controller adapter or a better D-pad. I NEVER use the stick for MK.

I loved the story mode except for.....

Sindel killing almost everyone, seriously???
Other than that, I love the game. Some of the tower challenges are great too

I Love the Test Your Luck fights!! Today i fought with no arms in an ice storm. ITS CRAZY

If anybody decides they dont want their XBOX Mortal Kombat Fight Stick send me Pm maybe we can work out a trade.

I loved the story mode except for.....

Sindel killing almost everyone, seriously???
Other than that, I love the game. Some of the tower challenges are great too

My only issue with story mode was the last fight... :angry Shao Kahn is SOOOOOO cheap. When I fought him as Liu Kang, I tore him a new one. But in that last fight, I had to keep teleporting and sweeping him with the ocassional uppercut tossed in for good measure.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back