Mord' Sith - Legend of the Seeker. The definitive costume research thread.

Forgot to mention that I am also doing a Barbie doll version of Denna. I enjoy making tiny costumes even more than full size ones!

thats awesome aralenn,
are you going to be making her red or white leathers??

I am going to do the red first, and if that turns out well, I may try the white one. Until I started this project, I didn't even know there were eyelets small enough for Barbie dolls!

Unfortunately I did not make this year, which was entirely my intentions on making the costume in the first place. I have a few smaller conventions ind mind and hopefully Ill make it next year :D

Right there with ya. I had couple friends that were planning on doing Mord'Sith and I was going to do a Darken Rahl. Even had a few others talked into daharan soldiers. Unfortunately, everyone bit off more than they could chew this year, so hopefully next...

My sister and I recently decided to do a Mord'sith/Confessor theme for Halloween this year. I completed the confessor dress in one month (only working on weekends) without a sewing machine.

The Mord'sith costume took me 8 weeks (again, only working on the weekends) without a sewing machine and using upholstery vinyl. I've included links of the finished products. If anyone has any question about the construction, materials, or needs some pointers, feel free to ask!

(in the pictures you'll notice a separate material blocking my cleavage, that's because I made the catsuit very low cut for my sister, but was not comfortable showing the goods while modeling it)

Confessor Dress | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Catsuit and belts | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Catsuit and belts | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Catsuit back | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Mord'sith with leg holster | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hello everyone! I'm a new member to this forum and I'm so grateful for the all the information everyone has volunteered! I've wanted to make a Mord'Sith costume for months and have finally gotten around to starting version 1.0. The pants are nearly completed. I'm using a rich red pleather, but after a trip to my local Tandy Leather, I found the PERFECT leather I want to use for version 2.0 (when I have money for that). I'll probably post some pics of my work later. Cheers!

Nice work Nadi, the fit looks good.

Welcome to the sisterhood Elmarain

IF you found a leather you love at Tandy, you best snatch it up quick

Dont forget to post pictures of your work

Such incredible work here... I'm totally speechless.

I have enough oxblood vinyl to make a bajillion catsuits but the only one I really want is Cara's S2. Though I plan on making it functional for armored wear as well...I'll definitely be sending you a message when I get to that point, Vianeth!

Beautiful work
I have all the leather and all the parts for mine, just haven't had the time since DragonCon to get working on it.

Did you make the Agiel??

Hi there, Newbie to this forum :)

Just wanted to let those going to DragonCon this year, know about the 'Legend of the Seeker' fans who are attending :)
(Costume Parade, Photo Shoot, Fan Table, Panels, etc... :) )

More information is here on the FB Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/260181634013122/

and on LOTS.org here:
Dragon*Con 2012

The more the merrier!
Hope that everyone has LOTS of fun, and please post many photos for those of us who have to live vicariously :D

OK, I just finally read the first book "Wizard's First Rule" and Denna said her first trainer was a male, whom years later she killed and took his Agiel, which is the one she was using.

So while no other mention of them in the book, it shows that male Mord'Sith actually DO exist in that world, though they never showed any on the TV show. I'd think they'd have a similar type of costume to the females in a variety of ways if they were to be brought into the real world.

I had to register just to correct this:) There were male trainers to help break the girls but there were NO male mord sith. The agiel only gives you pain if you have been trained with it so the males could train without having the pain they were giving. Men are not strong enough to handle the pain of the agiel like the women and that is why many men died during training but the girls themselves could be broken with it and turned into mord sith. Terry Goodkind comfirmed this himself in the AMA here, and again in a voice chat he did with us.

I am the novelist Terry Goodkind - AMA : Fantasy

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back