MODIFY Back to the Future DeLorean 1:15

Tek man, this is just totally awesome. I wish toy makers/companies would put forth the effort and attention to detail like you have into this, especially for film cars; not only for the collectors, but for the mass audiences it reaches and appeals to. When people buy movie memorabilia, they want it to be as close to what's seen in the film as possible. You've done just that. Big fan of your work and thread (since the beginning). Great...no, EPIC job!!

So when shalt we see some more of this? Are the post men and/or makers of parts dragging their feet on you? Should I go and build a fire under their boos-em?

*Pets my pyrotechnics and grins menacingly*

:thumbsup Thanks ALL for your compliments & interest in progress on the 1:15 Time Machine. I wish I could promise WHEN I'll get back on it.. (believe me, I REALLY WANT TO :cry) but many changes have developed in my life the last few months that makes it difficult for me to find time to sit down & work on the DeLorean. And as soon as I do ANYTHING, I will post an new update. :)

Dude the details adding to this small scale car is just amazing. Love all the details you are adding to the car. WOW! I wasn't planing to buy the car at first but just looking at what all can be done to the car just changed my mind. Going to pick one up this week.

Again great job .....

:thumbsup Thanks ALL for your compliments & interest in progress on the 1:15 Time Machine. I wish I could promise WHEN I'll get back on it.. (believe me, I REALLY WANT TO :cry) but many changes have developed in my life the last few months that makes it difficult for me to find time to sit down & work on the DeLorean. And as soon as I do ANYTHING, I will post an new update. :)
Very amazing my Friend! you are very skilled. I know how you feel, my life is so crappy..I can't do anything I enjoy anymore..Video games, models..not anymore..i'm too busy keeping my parents happy and fed well so all my time is on work, chores, and caretaking.

Last edited:
Thats not a "crappy" life... More like a "responsible" one. :)

Very amazing my Friend! you are very skilled. I know how you feel, my life is so crappy..I can't do anything I ejoy anymore..Video games, models..not anymore..i'm too busy keeping my parents happy and fed well so all my time is on work, chores, and caretaking.

Take heed my friend!!!!! while you have them and the time, devote it to them.

Because no mater how old you are when they go, you will feel as an orphan.

Ozzy

Very amazing my Friend! you are very skilled. I know how you feel, my life is so crappy..I can't do anything I ejoy anymore..Video games, models..not anymore..i'm too busy keeping my parents happy and fed well so all my time is on work, chores, and caretaking.

Thats not a "crappy" life... More like a "responsible" one. :)
Thank you, Yeah your right! I know I didn't mean to say crappy it's just I devote so much time on work and my family everyday. just me. things I do for people out of kindness is never really recognized, not quite my parents but my other family members and at work. now as for helping out and caring for my family and friends, I love it! it's my job that really gets to me lately, I..just wish I had some free time and some money to call my own. but yeah it is the responsible thing to do. ;)

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with responsibility. We all have to have it once life comes kicking in. But anywho....just out of curiosity and for discussion....if toy manufacturers were to make toys/model cars already made in the quality of Tek's work of the DeLorean for example, how much do you think those companies would charge us for a quality detailed product such as that? (i.e. a plastic 1/15th scale car, but with the extreme attention to detail like Tek has)

Wow...I just spent over a half hour going through this thread...and I thought I went over-the-top with model building! You, good sir, are a crazy SOB! In a good way though...I'm subscribed in full detail to this thread! My favorite car of all time, the DeLorean, is getting the detail it deserves by you. Kudos...many kudos!

Hey Tek, great work buddy, was wondering if you could let me know what you used to tie all the wires on the dash together with and where you bought that mesh for the flux bands?

Thanks again everyone. Unfortunately more "drama" in my life. Which pushes back the progress on my model. Either way I really appreciate the nice comments.
Dubcustomz, the cables are tied in several ways, by wire wrapped around in some parts, & other parts have wire/cables going thru thin cut styrene tube. :)

Thanks again everyone. Unfortunately more "drama" in my life. Which pushes back the progress on my model. Either way I really appreciate the nice comments.
Dubcustomz, the cables are tied in several ways, by wire wrapped around in some parts, & other parts have wire/cables going thru thin cut styrene tube. :)

I hear ya!!!!:unsure it will still be there when ya get to it.

Ozzy

tek,

Your model is looking great! Very inspiring work.

I've been planning a scale replica for a while... this looks like the way to go.

Thanks for posting!

:thumbsup

Thanks for the info dude! I'll try and get some styrene tubing then...what size did you use for yours?
Also, what do you plan on using to make the brackets that hold the cables on the sides of the car?

I'm a big fan of BTTF as well, and I just want to say that all the work in this forum is insanely beautiful. All of the improvements you have made are incredible.

I do have some experience with EL wire, since I've made a simple Tron hoodie. The odd part about using it on this model is that EL wire runs on an AC current and would probably need extra wiring and batteries to make it work with the existing board, it's not impossible. Given all the amazing work you've done on this DeLorean, wiring is probably not that big of a deal.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back