MF's Pepakura and 3D Print Iron Man Files

Re: MF's Mk 33, Mk 42, and Mk 45 Files - 3D Printing started!

I'll take a stab this weekend if I get chance maybe. Just moved house so need to get my printer setup. Side note. When you split the parts how do you do the edge so it sits flush when they meet up? I've modelled a mk3 I want to print but not sure about splitting the parts as I'm a bit of a novice

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi there, I really new to this awesome website. I have some experience with 3d modeling, but i've always had trouble with creating some parts, like the helmets for example. I would love to know what is this software that is being used here to "map" the helmet. I can see that it is inivis AC3D but what is this type of software called? thank you guys for the help

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about when you say "map"...

I'll take a stab this weekend if I get chance maybe. Just moved house so need to get my printer setup. Side note. When you split the parts how do you do the edge so it sits flush when they meet up? I've modelled a mk3 I want to print but not sure about splitting the parts as I'm a bit of a novice

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Awesome! Be sure to post some pictures when you do. And I, along with most others probably, use a software called Netfabb. Very powerful program that is great for getting things 3D print ready whether it be slicing things into parts or repairing objects with slight errors.

Can you release the mk 45 stl file with the faceplate, main and backpart separated? Like this
imagepng

Hey I started to print the silver centurion files and will post pictures for you soon but I think a peice maybe missing. Mind having a look it's seems to be he upper side of the helmet

These are brilliant, I might have to get in contact with someone I know who has a top of the line 3D printer :p

Can you release the mk 45 stl file with the faceplate, main and backpart separated? Like this http://www.therpf.com/webkit-fake-url://f3f8ebc4-e040-4d23-82fe-67dc77b2eb67/imagepng

Your picture didn't load, but the 45 will be sliced up very similarly to the centurion helmet

Hey I started to print the silver centurion files and will post pictures for you soon but I think a peice maybe missing. Mind having a look it's seems to be he upper side of the helmet

Oh my gosh you are absolutely right! It looks Like a saved over the Helmet Side Top file with the Helmet Side Front file! I'll reupload it and fix the link ASAP

These are brilliant, I might have to get in contact with someone I know who has a top of the line 3D printer :p

Shapeway bud

You don't even need a top of the line printer to do this! I'm not sure about where you live, but near me there are several maker spaces and even libraries that have 3D printers now that you can use. Shapeways is great but very expensive! Unless you're doing something that needs to be near perfect and is very complex, a simple desktop printer is the way to go.

Kind of important message:
And I feel a bit crummy about this, but my financial situation is pretty awful. With college being paid for by loans only and minimal time for a job with the extensive school work, I have resorted to a donate button on the first page. I love this community and I live giving to it without wanting anything in return, but given my circumstances I felt this was right. I didn't want to sell my files and MAKE people charge for my work, so I figured a donate button would be good since no one is required to or if they do feel like it, it could be any amount. I do plan to mold and sell casts of the Mark 45 before I release the files, but the files themselves will be free of charge. Thanks for being an awesome community and loving my work!

Last edited:

Your picture didn't load, but the 45 will be sliced up very similarly to the centurion helmet

Oh my gosh you are absolutely right! It looks Like a saved over the Helmet Side Top file with the Helmet Side Front file! I'll reupload it and fix the link ASAP

You don't even need a top of the line printer to do this! I'm not sure about where you live, but near me there are several maker spaces and even libraries that have 3D printers now that you can use. Shapeways is great but very expensive! Unless you're doing something that needs to be near perfect and is very complex, a simple desktop printer is the way to go.

And I feel a bit crummy about this, but my financial situation is pretty awful. With college being paid for by loans only and minimal time for a job with the extensive school work, I have resorted to a donate button on the first page. I love this community and I live giving to it without wanting anything in return, but given my circumstances I felt this was right. I didn't want to sell my files and MAKE people charge for my work, so I figured a donate button would be good since no one is required to or if they do feel like it, it could be any amount. I do plan to mold and sell casts of the Mark 45 before I release the files, but the files themselves will be free of charge. Thanks for being an awesome community and loving my work!
How much material you used? And what filament you are using?

image2.jpegimage3.jpegimage10.jpegimage5.jpeg

Pictures of centurion as promised will post more once I print the missing pieces. :)

Hey middle finger, I know you got a lot on your plate right now but I was just wondering if there's anyway you could make a Shin and forearm file for the Mark 45 since those seem to be missing everywhere, again I know you're busy just thought I'd put it out there, worst you can say is no right?!

Pictures of centurion as promised will post more once I print the missing pieces. :)

Wow that looks great! It's always so cool to see something I made on the computer come to life. Definitely update with more pictures!

Hey middle finger, I know you got a lot on your plate right now but I was just wondering if there's anyway you could make a Shin and forearm file for the Mark 45 since those seem to be missing everywhere, again I know you're busy just thought I'd put it out there, worst you can say is no right?!

I've got a lot of projects going on right now, car, motorcycle, the Mark 45 helmet... but I if I have free time I might take a stab at it, no promises though!

Wow that looks great! It's always so cool to see something I made on the computer come to life. Definitely update with more pictures!

I've got a lot of projects going on right now, car, motorcycle, the Mark 45 helmet... but I if I have free time I might take a stab at it, no promises though!
well hey either way thanks a ton man!

Updated photos as promised. Haven't been home as much as I would like to so I can keep running the printer, but a few more pieces and the print itself should be done, then onto bondo.image6.jpegimage5.jpegimage4.jpegimage3.jpegimage2.jpegimage1.jpeg

Awesome :O

How long does it take to 3D Print the whole helmet?
its made Out of several smaller pieces, Right? Which size does the pieces have ? when ready - it is possible to smooth the surface ?:)

I'm going to have to bondo the surfaces after it's complete. And with my printer it takes a while to print the whole helmet probably 30 plus hours. I have my printer set to be more accurate over speed.

If you put your part on a stand in a pot, and boil acetone in the pot(Not touching the part) with the lid on it will create an acetone vapor chamber and will almost give you an instantly smooth surface in like 2 minutes, and then just wait about 10 minutes for the part to become touchable, i have found this helps avoid the whole bondo process

If you put your part on a stand in a pot, and boil acetone in the pot(Not touching the part) with the lid on it will create an acetone vapor chamber and will almost give you an instantly smooth surface in like 2 minutes, and then just wait about 10 minutes for the part to become touchable, i have found this helps avoid the whole bondo process

Would this also works on PLA or just ABS?

I worry that the acetone bath looses details by melting. This will only work with abs and not pla.

Pla is what I'm working with and it has worked and you won't lose detail as long as you don't fiddle with it as it recures

I worry that the acetone bath looses details by melting. This will only work with abs and not pla.

Pla is what I'm working with and it has worked and you won't lose detail as long as you don't fiddle with it as it recures

An acetone bath might work, however it might not lose detail, it might cause the helmet to lose its hard edges. I haven't tried it myself, but I would test it on something much smaller! I've used filler primer and glazing putty and it's worked out very well so far. There was a thread on here discussing what's best to finish off 3D prints with so that should definitely be looked at. One of the things was actually wood filler. I haven't tried that myself but if I recall correctly, its supposed to work well

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back