Megaman build

Sub'ed. I want to see a Mega Man.

But where the heck do you get Monster cereal anymore? I didn't think they sold anything but Count Chocula.

I'm building this from scratch based on a 3D model concept I did for some one. I'll post images of the model later on if any one wants to see.

On another note I've just started the fist layer of filler and waiting for it to set up. Pictures to come soon!

EDIT: Moster cereal comes out every October now, as opposed to when I was a kid it was readily available all year round... How I miss those days... I picked these boxes up on clearance on Halloween last year at Target and had them laying around just for a project like this :D

EDIT 2: These will all be vacuform bucks and I may just do a run in the Junkyard if there is enough interest.

Last edited:
Sorry about the lack of updates guys - works been pretty busy and I've also been working on a MK V breif case shell for an XBox 360 mod. You can find it here and I'm also posting the more techincal stuff here

Alrighty. Just had some free time tonight and got the buck for the leg parts started. I'll be skinning and hardening them when I get some free time but it wont be this weekend sadly. Stupid work...

Any who, have some pictures!

Thanks guys! This is a really exciting project to be working on, and so much fun! I loved playing the original Megaman on the NES. Truth be told I never could beat it...

Love the pants!

Thanks - Birthday gift from the folks. Came with a Voltron In The Third Dimension t-shirt as well as a set of Transformers Cufflinks. Now if only I could wear all three at once!

Thanks guys! This is a really exciting project to be working on, and so much fun! I loved playing the original Megaman on the NES. Truth be told I never could beat it...
The first one was a serious pain in the ass. 2 was brilliant, I used to do speed runs on that game before things like that were popular.

I really should post up the helmet build for my Protoman.

Thanks - Birthday gift from the folks. Came with a Voltron In The Third Dimension t-shirt as well as a set of Transformers Cufflinks. Now if only I could wear all three at once!

Honestly, I don't see any reason why you can't >.<

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I love Mega Man and this is probably the best one I have seen to date. So, I have been starting to get the materials together and, I know this is a stupid question, but what did you use to mold the skeleton? I know it is cardboard, but where did you get it because the cardboard I have is from a box I got a package in and it's pretty thick.

I love Mega Man and this is probably the best one I have seen to date. So, I have been starting to get the materials together and, I know this is a stupid question, but what did you use to mold the skeleton? I know it is cardboard, but where did you get it because the cardboard I have is from a box I got a package in and it's pretty thick.

I used thicker corrugated stuff (like from packaging) for the outline of the shapes, and then I used cereal boxes to get the mesh/shape.

Okay, I'm back. Had some CRAZY crappy work week, but I'm hoping (and thinking) that it's over so I can FINALLY get back on this thing. I have a deadline of mid-july to get it finished. With no real work done on it in the last few days, I managed to find some Fiberglass Resin JElly which, as I understand it based on its consistancy and finished texture, is alot like Rondo (Bondo/Resin mixed), and about half as fumy.

This stuff works great! Just get some mat down, slather this stuff on it, then spread it evenly. Now I only picked up a single tin of this stuff as I was unsure how it was going to come out, but I figured since the other stuff wasn't available, why not.

I have scrapped plans to do the vacforming, I just can't get the right frames or a good consistant heat so I'll have to build something a bit more elaborate.

Any who, here is a Work inprogress on the leg part. I just used the cardboard mesh with the resin jelly like I would with the filler/papermache.

Alrighty folks. Sorry that I have yet to post in like 2 weeks, but I've been trying to get this stupid Arduino to work. I need to figure out how to output a single sound (about 15kb in size) to a speaker while lighting a single L.E.D. This is further frustrating since I haven't actaully programmed one before.

Any rate I started work on the other leg part and I'll be posting pictures of everything friday/saturday night. I may have to do some more work on the helmet and getting it looking perfect:D and I will be adding a door to the back of it since all of my vacuform plans have been stopped almost dead.

So I have just finished another leg part. I took the liberty of doing this one a bit differently I built it up using the same method as above, then went a head and coated in filler. Once it set up, I covered that in aluminum foil and slatered some Fiberglass jelly on. After letting it sit 2 days to completely harden and get rid of the fumes I should be able to go out and sand it later on today. Of course I will need to join the two halves, but thank the stars for various bonding implements - Now I just have to choose which one I'll use. I'm looking at finishing up and shipping this off RIGHT on deadline day simply because of my day job getting in my way.

So enjoy the imagry! I will be doing a bit more building up on the helmet later tonight to hammer out some imperfections, and hopefully, getting foil and jelly on the other leg part sometime this evening. Good thing I have some vaction time coming up this week, otherwise I'll never get this done.

I will also be adding a door to the back of the helmet so that it can actually be put on.

good to see megaman making a come back. cant believe someone is still doing paper mache.
good job so far

Thanks Grave! I find papermache to be increadbly cost effective and pretty durable when you know what your doing. Considering that a bag of flour costs about 2 bucks, auto-shopper/apartment-finder magazines are free, and water is basically free, you can come up with a great skeleton for working on. Of course the filler is what makes it all come together, but I'm sure that you could just slather some resin on and call it a day.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back