MCU Spider-Man - 3D Print Files/Pattern - FREE

Okey dokey!
I'd feel bad just to take a suit. Is there a way of donating? I'm looking up FabricOnDemand now, and where is Trophy Wife situated in the world? I'm in the UK, you see. Thanks for the reply as well!
Spidey.
I believe she is somewhere in the US

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just got back from the movie. A couple details to improve this bad boy:

There is a thin blue or black line in the shape of a hexagon INSIDE the back spider.

I'm fairly certain the back of the belt is red.

The black arm and leg bands (Not the lines) looked like rubber (Actually very similar to Cap's Avengers' shoulder details, just in black) and definitely had the appearance of a subtle ridge top and bottom.

Everyone is designing the eyes WAY too thick, they are almost imperceptibly layered, and the "default" size of the eyes seems to be between open and squinty. (In fact, if you start going frame by frame in the trailer, the 4th or 5th frame of the lenses changing is probably right around the default size)

For future reference: The spider appeared to be silk screened directly onto the suit and WAS dimensional likely with a puff ink since it was slightly domed.

This suit MAY just have beaten out the Raimi suit as my favorite after seeing it in action.

-Nick

Last edited:
Okey dokey!
I'd feel bad just to take a suit. Is there a way of donating? I'm looking up FabricOnDemand now, and where is Trophy Wife situated in the world? I'm in the UK, you see. Thanks for the reply as well!
Spidey.

The file IS free... enjoy.
I have added the link to "Fabric on Demand" right on the file. The link takes you to my landing page with them and allows them to know exactly what you want - spandex/lycra etc.

I really wanna post the .psb,... and I will. I just wanted to wait a bit til more reference comes in so I can tweak it a bit.
...hang in there!

Just got back from the movie. A couple details to improve this bad boy:

There is a thin blue or black line in the shape of a hexagon INSIDE the back spider.

I'm fairly certain the back of the belt is red.

The black arm and leg bands (Not the lines) looked like rubber (Actually very similar to Cap's Avengers' shoulder details, just in black) and definitely had the appearance of a subtle ridge top and bottom.

Everyone is designing the eyes WAY too thick, they are almost imperceptibly layered, and the "default" size of the eyes seems to be between open and squinty. (In fact, if you start going frame by frame in the trailer, the 4th or 5th frame of the lenses changing is probably right around the default size)

For future reference: The spider appeared to be silk screened directly onto the suit and WAS dimensional likely with a puff ink since it was slightly domed.

This suit MAY just have beaten out the Raimi suit as my favorite after seeing it in action.

-Nick
Please tell me if I'm in the wrong to ask this here but I'd very much like some extra information on the suit, especially compared to my design, if that is alright. I don't want to ruin the point of this thread so may I add I'm a big fan of your work Ken and I appreciate both the quality and existence of this design.

Please tell me if I'm in the wrong to ask this here but I'd very much like some extra information on the suit, especially compared to my design, if that is alright. I don't want to ruin the point of this thread so may I add I'm a big fan of your work Ken and I appreciate both the quality and existence of this design.

Same here, I want to know more details on the suit. What does the back of his belt look like?

Ask away!

As TheNickFox said, there are a few areas to address yet... so until I see the reference, this is it. I just hate guessing on these things, if anyone sees things that need adjusting PLEASE post them...it is MUCH appreciated!

You are missing a web line on the forearm, here is a pic showing which one.
Untitled.png

As for questions... What does the bum and back look like and how are the trousers constructed?
Construction was REALLY hard to gauge on film. Partly because of the sheer amount of movement on screen and the fact that half or more of the shots of Spidey appeared to be CGI (to my eye) so they didn't have to abide by any real world construction methods.

...and sorry to say I didn't stare at Spidey's butt. Though now I feel like I should have. haha

He has enough screen time though to give us some REALLY solid reference once we have better sources.

-Nick

Firstly... I think you are the luckiest guy in the world to us... I'm super jealous... Secondly, how accurate would you say TJack's are?

Firstly... I think you are the luckiest guy in the world to us... I'm super jealous... Secondly, how accurate would you say TJack's are?
In terms of shape they look great. But the layers of it on film really look like they are about the same thickness as a camera iris' blades. VERY thin... and the fact that people initially couldn't tell that there was even a camera-like system on the eyes in the trailer should prove that. You are BARELY aware that there are layers to the eyes when they move on screen, whereas currently everyone's frame look like they're layering slices of cheese on top of each other :p

I think etched lines on a flat frame would look more accurate until a definitive method can be devised.

And I'm only as lucky as the other ~4000 people who got to see the movie last night too. I'm surprised more people around here didn't manage to snag a ticket.

-Nick

Construction was REALLY hard to gauge on film. Partly because of the sheer amount of movement on screen and the fact that half or more of the shots of Spidey appeared to be CGI (to my eye) so they didn't have to abide by any real world construction methods.

...and sorry to say I didn't stare at Spidey's butt. Though now I feel like I should have. haha

He has enough screen time though to give us some REALLY solid reference once we have better sources.

-Nick

How accurate would you say this fab rendering is?
0385ed795d1bc768af4870dcab0bb437.jpg

It's pretty close. All of this is from memory, so take it with a grain of salt:

Aside from the seeming lack of an elongated hexagon drawn over the back spider, I think the main things are just that the belt doesn't look pointy enough, the wrist potions look wrong, and the black stripe that runs along the back should also have red below it as well. I also can't tell if it has the right detailing on the inner forearm.

The eyes look to be about the right scale for his "default" expression.

Overall, it's damn good.

-Nick

I'm really excited for a layered file! Also, I call dibs on making this into a pattern!
1457632720280hhhhh.jpg
I know this is kenlandrum's thread and I don't mean to take over or make him look bad. I just thought it would be cool if I was the one who made this into a pattern and I actually originally made this photoshop myself and I really look up to people who make suit patterns, I'm starting to make some but I'm just a beginner. But people like kenlandrum are a HUGE inspiration because his patterns are amazing! And he gives them away for FREE! So yeah! I saw several people work on the Raimi pattern on your other thread so it seems logical to have others work on this one, you know what I mean? Of course, everyone else is completely welcome to make a miles morales version! Thx for reading
smile.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back