MCL34N's Iron Man Mark IV- pic heavy- One Year Later Pic End of Page 12

Re: MCL34N's Iron Man Mark IV- pic heavy (UPDATED 3-06, pg.2)

LOOKING GREAT man,
how well does the spray paint adhere to the duct tape??

thanks -Jacoby

Awesome work. What parts do you have left to do?

I'm just about finished with everything below the torso, then after that I'll move to the neck, back, chest, and arms. There's one arm in one of my progress pics, which sort of started all of this. I made it a year ago (before the movie came out) just to see how the cardboard and duct tape looked. Here is a pic after I finished-

11065_603178737999_18812244_35607738_6292500_n.jpg

It still looks good, but since I only had the poster as a reference image there are little things off, so I've decided to make two new ones.

LOOKING GREAT man,
how well does the spray paint adhere to the duct tape??

thanks -Jacoby

Very well! The duct tape is originally burgundy, so It only takes a little bit of red to make it a better color. I use plastic fusion paint since duct tape is just vinyl with glue on one side, and it takes quite a bit to scratch it off (it will usually scratch the duct tape itself at that point) but all you have to do is come back and add some silver for battle damage!

and now on a different note, I decided to take a break from the suit and try to design a Nolan universe Catwoman before pics of the official one comes out. Enjoy!

195840_676234094479_18812244_37623881_6042431_n.jpg

What kind of materials are you using? Where are you getting your cardboard? Is there a website that sells it?

Some updated pics-

189948_676953402979_18812244_37633249_679959_n.jpg

183656_676954126529_18812244_37633258_7521548_n.jpg

So far the stomach and right hip are the only things painted and finished but my next step is to finish the rest of what I have done before I move on.

Re: MCL34N's Iron Man Mark IV- pic heavy (UPDATED 3-10, pg.2)

Dude this is beyond amazing! Cannot believe the accuracy of this thing.. and the medium you are using just makes it all that more amazing!

Re: MCL34N's Iron Man Mark IV- pic heavy (UPDATED 2-26)

Joshalots, get off your high horse!
This helmet is really good, so get off the crack :p

Keep up the sweet work MCL34N!

Hey I'm just being honest. It's true that the helmet is the hardest to get done right.
I'm not trying to be mean or anything. It's just criticism

his helmet is, by no means, awful. your comment, on the other hand, is leaning more towards that. if youve got constructive criticism, then share it. but dont come out of the blue in to someones thread to tell them a piece of their work is awful. all intentions aside, it was a rude remark.

now, McCL34N, this build is fantastic. i love your attention to detail, and taking each piece and breaking it down. instead of just trying to box it all out and be done. i just browsed thru your pics first and THEN started reading. i had no idea it was made from cardboard until then. keep up the good work!

yes the rest of his build is fantastic. I'm just giving my honest opinion about the helmet. Jeese

MCL34N Please have someone take some digital pics of this build! as Cool as ur suit is, I know everyone would like better shots of it. Your'e fast also. Take your time with the helmet though, it has to be the finest piece of work. By the way your mark / 4 or 6 which ever, is trully fantastic! I love your attention to detail! ....KEEP BUILDING!....

MCL34N Please have someone take some digital pics of this build! as Cool as ur suit is, I know everyone would like better shots of it. Your'e fast also. Take your time with the helmet though, it has to be the finest piece of work. By the way your mark / 4 or 6 which ever, is trully fantastic! I love your attention to detail! ....KEEP BUILDING!....

Haha thanks. I've already done the helmet, and it took me about two months to sculpt. The pics I've posted are of the first casting of it, with some small flaws around the bottom opening. It also has an intentional elongated shape, I sculpted it to be able to house my electronics. I think once its finished there wont be anyone calling it "Awful" :lol

Once I've finished the entire suit you'll get a great resolution video, but for now my cell phone camera is the only thing accessible (and with 3 megapixels its not that bad) These are just WIP photos.

Good for you MCL34N!

This is going to be a fantastic build once it is completely finished.

@Joshalots!
You may have an opinion, but next time be a little less harsh. As you said, you build 7 helmets and not got it right. This is a great build and this forum is about supporting all the builders not slagging them off. We welcome CREATIVE CRITICISM, for example "The sculpting about the eyes looks a little rough, maybe using some high grade sandpaper would sort this". This isn't the case for this build though since the helmet looks great.

Re: MCL34N's Iron Man Mark IV- pic heavy (UPDATED 2-22)

It looks amazing, but the helmet looks awful. No offense cuz the helmet is the hardest to get right, I've made 7 iron man helmets from pepakura and I still haven't gotten it right.

I'm sorry for the harsh criticism.

Nothing wrong with that helmet , i think it looks fantastic!

Haha thanks. I've already done the helmet, and it took me about two months to sculpt. The pics I've posted are of the first casting of it, with some small flaws around the bottom opening. It also has an intentional elongated shape, I sculpted it to be able to house my electronics. I think once its finished there wont be anyone calling it "Awful" :lol

Once I've finished the entire suit you'll get a great resolution video, but for now my cell phone camera is the only thing accessible (and with 3 megapixels its not that bad) These are just WIP photos.

MCL34N ya got a skill set that is unmatched more updates! !!

Thanks guys!

Not a lot to update you on, I've been finishing what I've done already and I've started working on the inner-armpit mechanics. Next step will be neck, then the back plate, chest plate, arms and I should be done!

Here's a pic of the armor detailing so far-

196289_678827886499_18812244_37657360_3783896_n.jpg

This build is so good words cannot describe it's awesomeness. You've set a new bar for iron man builders.

Thanks Jordan! That means a lot to me after seeing some of the incredible stuff you make!

Here's a pic of one of the legs all finished and attached-

195832_679283628189_18812244_37665085_51755_n.jpg

I'm not very satisfied with how my gold is turning out, It's very splotchy. I think once the suit is finished I'll go back through and re-do it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back