MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

looks like brushed on flat black to me ..you can see where its not that perfect against the silver , slightly crooked line

bobs said they all varied so whatever you feel looks good imo

People are saying Bob Gale didn't have to make his apology, but I disagree.

Before he made it, a cynic would have been reasonable in suspecting that Bob Gale was just in it for the cash making an endorsement and that it wasn't personal for him at all.

However what he said was highly telling. People are focusing on the apology, but there's so much more to the statement. He's not simply a consultant. He's not simply a spruiker for it.

He's yet another screwed over customer!

I'd feel bad enough for the guy if he bought 1 Hoverboard and got screwed over by it, but 8 of them?!?!?!

Wow!

Bob if you're reading this, I want to respond to the last part of your open apology. You said:

I put myself out there to promote this, so now I want to publicly stand here with egg on my face and apologize.

People have said there's no need to apologise, but I want to go further. Yes you have egg on your face, but where those people who preordered don't; it's only where they managed to cancel their preorders in time, and even then it was hell on earth to pull off.

Not only do we feel there's no need for you to apologise, but I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that I feel for you being out more than a grand on this one.

looks like brushed on flat black to me ..you can see where its not that perfect against the silver , slightly crooked line

bobs said they all varied so whatever you feel looks good imo

I feel it's too smooth of a finish to have been brushed on, and flat black would have looked like a dead black. Bob Gale's board magnets may be faded out a little bit - Giving them a lighter appearence, but instinct tells me that based on the sheen and appearance of the magnets... they may have just been primed black.

The magnets may have just been poorly masked, which explains why it's not perfectly finished there.

depends on what brands of paint , ive got some here that i feel would match it , too many varibles heavier applications can make it have more of a sheen than if you dust it on

grab some cans and have a play

Done.

I hope everyone here signs it.

Can we get it to Bob somehow?

im guessing they have the rights to the board so no one else could make it ?

id rather see the rights snatched away and some company that gives two hoots about customer service has a try , mattel had thier chance and blew it in every possible way they could

lets face it the quality is low , its the sort of thing you find at the 99 cent store with the decals hanging off

Does anyone here have the Mattel replica AND color code tables (a real book, not on the screen) and could tell me the exact codes of the different colors of the Hoverboard? If I had the codes, I could use my code tables to find the correct color codes of the screen used Hoverboard.

im guessing they have the rights to the board so no one else could make it ?

id rather see the rights snatched away and some company that gives two hoots about customer service has a try , mattel had thier chance and blew it in every possible way they could

lets face it the quality is low , its the sort of thing you find at the 99 cent store with the decals hanging off

The Mattel logo would be the big issue for any other company that wanted to try to produce it. They could feasibly get the rights from Universal to make the BTTF hoverboard but they would have to get the rights from Mattel to use the logo. This is why Mattel said they were the only company that could produce this.

The Mattel logo would be the big issue for any other company that wanted to try to produce it. They could feasibly get the rights from Universal to make the BTTF hoverboard but they would have to get the rights from Mattel to use the logo. This is why Mattel said they were the only company that could produce this.

yeah makes sense...easy to leave the logo off and fit fan made logos at home

I have to say I'm relatively happy with mine. My only real complaint is the obvious lack of the lenticular pattern and the stand that doesn't work. If I wanted a 100% accurate board I would have never ordered this one, I would have simply ordered one from someone here. The packaging is amazing, and to me makes up for some of the shortcomings of the board. I think the big issue is the price at $120 I think we all expected more, and I agree with what Bob Gale said at half the price this would have been an "A". I think the problem is this was a short run by Mattel standards and we got what would have been a $60 product with a larger run for $120. To me I'm happy we at least got it.

Bob Gale, I will throw my eggs at Mattel, not you. They could put you in this project for real, but they only wanted your name, for marketing issues...what a shame Mattel....

I have to say I'm relatively happy with mine. My only real complaint is the obvious lack of the lenticular pattern and the stand that doesn't work. If I wanted a 100% accurate board I would have never ordered this one, I would have simply ordered one from someone here. The packaging is amazing, and to me makes up for some of the shortcomings of the board. I think the big issue is the price at $120 I think we all expected more, and I agree with what Bob Gale said at half the price this would have been an "A". I think the problem is this was a short run by Mattel standards and we got what would have been a $60 product with a larger run for $120. To me I'm happy we at least got it.

the packaging is even wrong..the little girl owned a scooter with handle bars , it only turned into what we know when marty busted off the handle bars

the packaging is even wrong..the little girl owned a scooter with handle bars , it only turned into what we know when marty busted off the handle bars

I don't view the package as movie accurate but what it might have looked like had Mattel actually sold these. It's isn't a stretch for me to believe that they might have sold these with and without the handle bars. I like that they pictured a blue version as well. I think one missed opportunity would have been to include the Pit Bull and a few others and showcase a whole "line" of hover boards.

The pitbull boards are made by Mattel in the movie? I hope not....

I don't view the package as movie accurate but what it might have looked like had Mattel actually sold these. It's isn't a stretch for me to believe that they might have sold these with and without the handle bars. I like that they pictured a blue version as well. I think one missed opportunity would have been to include the Pit Bull and a few others and showcase a whole "line" of hover boards.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back