MattyCollector "Mattel Hoverboard" discussion

Aside from material cost, I think another reason that no lenticular background surface was used is that it would have had to have been applied in pieces as opposed to being layed down first as one large piece with all other graphics applied on top of it as with the hero lenticular boards. ...

Why do you think, it couldn't be possible to print the graphics directly on the lenticular surface?

Had Scott really been on the ball, he would have learned every detail about the board before hand and incorporated such into the production, or at least made sure the team he had under him did. instead, he sat back and made claims that they did not fulfill while taking credit and enjoying the public relations end.
As things fell apart, he should have had the balls to actually lead the team and make corrections. Instead, he lashed out at customers trying to help the project along.
Finally, once the flawed product was produced, he still did not know the basic features or how they worked leading to the poor MTV preview of the board. He also still made claims that it would be something he knew it could not be and again lashed out at the customer base when they called him on it. He rode the project as a figure head taking credit for product that ultimately turned out poorly because of his mismanagement. Then trying to insist that its a great product that he knows is flawed.

Mythbusters did prove that you can polish a turd, sad to see Matty trying to do so now.

Why do you think, it couldn't be possible to print the graphics directly on the lenticular surface?

Because a layer of ink by itself is very, very thin, and wouldn't appear as a smooth graphic on top of the textured/ridged lenticular surface.

Whereas a layer of vinyl (with the graphics printed on it) is thick enough to lay across the ridged surface smoothly.

why does the sound remind me of a lightsaber? hope it sounds better in real life, i also hope they went to the BTTF's sound library and used the actual sound effects and are nothing like the muffled soundboards the cheap lightsaber toys have

xbFMK.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I tilt it 45 degrees to the left it would be going the right direction. I would just have to get wider print outs... No?

*Chris puts the Hoverboard underneath his arms and it powers down*
Chris: Just like in the mooovie!

... I don't remember the hoverboard ever powering down.

Wow... just applied it to a board real quick with BTTF123's components. It turned out VERY lavender. What's really strange is how red/salmon it looks just sitting here on my desk and how blue/lavendar it looks in the photos. The stuff really has the ability to change its colors dramatically in different lighting conditions. I may do a run that is more pink... what do you think?

With flash:

gD6PT.jpg

Without flash (below):

UZZYH.jpg

It's a little hard to judge the colours, since every other colour on the hoverboard can look so different from photo to photo for comparison, but it looks really close to me.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I tilt it 45 degrees to the left it would be going the right direction. I would just have to get wider print outs... No?

Unfortunately no. If you tilt it 45°, then the honeycombs will no longer be vertically arranged (I don't know how to describe it correctly). You should MIRROR the pattern to get the right direction, but that's not possible of course.

But don't worry! It's not a real problem in my opinion. Your board looks great now and very close to the real one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back