Marvel's What If series

Fantastic second episode, great to see the possibilities brought forth with T'Challa as a Star-Lord.

Nebula looked very much like Seven of Nine, albeit with blue skin, with her blonde hair and singule ocular implant over her left eyebrow arch. :D

Ladies & gentlemen... I give you my life on the RPF...

66790.png

Yeah, this series isn't really doing much for me. I'll watch all of them for sure and I do like the animation. At least it isn't that stylized crap like DC shows where Superman's chest is 5 feet wide with a two inch waste.

I have some of the very first What If comics from the sixties. A lot of them had more of a Twilight Zone-esque feel to them where things didn't usually turn out so well at the end. More like a 'good thing it happened this way, because if it happened that way it could've been disastrous'.

This series needs more of that IMHO.

I have some of the very first What If comics from the sixties. A lot of them had more of a Twilight Zone-esque feel to them where things didn't usually turn out so well at the end. More like a 'good thing it happened this way, because if it happened that way it could've been disastrous'.

This series needs more of that IMHO.

I agree, but I think that was accomplished by the stinger at the end with Ego & Peter. We were so preoccupied with how awesomely incredible the universe turned out because of the goodness of T'Chala, we failed to see the dreadful possibility of what a bitter Peter Quill could be with the power of a Celestial. Especially without the growth we saw in the GotG films.

I have a question...

Does anyone know if each episode is it's own universe, or are we watching these changes happen in all the same universe?

I ask because I saw a clip from one of the trailers which shows an alternate version of the spinning team shot from The Avengers, but with different characters.
Screenshot_20210823-065349.png

I'm wondering if they're setting up an alternate Avengers with the characters we're being introduced to, possibly with Peter & Ego as the Big Bad? If that's the direction they're headed, I ain't gonna hate it at ALL.

Last edited:
If the series is following the comics in any way, shape, or form, then all of the episodes should be stand alones and not connect with each other in any way. Each episode should be a self contained what if scenario that simply shows what if one thing about a given story we know ended up being different.

If the series is following the comics in any way, shape, or form, then all of the episodes should be stand alones and not connect with each other in any way. Each episode should be a self contained what if scenario that simply shows what if one thing about a given story we know ended up being different.

They aren't completely disconnected. There is some sort of team up at the end, what we don't know is if that entails a gathering of people across multiple timelines or not.

Oooooooooooh, now THAT was a fun episode! It didn't at all go how I thought it might!
EXACTLY!

I almost felt stupid when I FINALLY realized what was going on, then, I was convinced it was the 'Easy Way To Defeat Thanos' theory that floated around for a while. Honestly did NOT see it coming until the reveal, which means I was too busy enjoying it to be overanalyzing it.

I already know that this DOCTOR STRANGE episode won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it might be MY favorite so far.

Great surprise to have EVERYONE back voicing their respective characters, including Benedict Cumberbatch. I had read earlier reports that he'd not been used.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back