Man of Steel suit UPDATED WITH NEW PICS

Re: Man of Steel suit

very nice! did the material come textured like that? ive been looking all over for a material like that for a batman outfit. any way you could link me to it? thats a great suit btw :)

Hey guys,
Thought I'd share the Man of Steel suit that I made for ECCC. I still need to change the texture of the boots and I'm going to make a wider cape (this one is a rectangle, it should be a half circle).
Just sayin'.

David74, I have to say that you look great in this costume! Although, I'm not a fan of this new design, I believe you look better than Henry Cavill. You have a very heroic look to you and it's pretty darn cool!

very nice! did the material come textured like that? ive been looking all over for a material like that for a batman outfit. any way you could link me to it? thats a great suit btw :)

Thanks! Yep the material comes with the texture.. it's almost an hourglass design (you've probably already done this but if you click on the shot with the suit on the mannequin you can enlarge it and really see it). I've actually seen the material in grey too and it would make a cool Batman suit.
I'm not sure how I would link you to it.. I bought it at the local fabric store here in Vancouver, not online..

David74, I have to say that you look great in this costume! Although, I'm not a fan of this new design, I believe you look better than Henry Cavill. You have a very heroic look to you and it's pretty darn cool!

Holy! Thanks for the awesome compliment! It took me a while to get used to the suit but now I'm a big fan of the design.
Looking better than Cavill? Hmmmmm... No. :)

How did you make the piece where the cape attaches to the shoulders/collar bone area? Rubber or some other type of material...?

great costume! im working on a Man of Steel Suit as well my biggest question is how can you wash the suit without ruining the foam? is there a certain way to was costumes with foam peices attached?

awesome rendition of the MOS suit... do you happen to have a product number or company name of the body suit poly/lycra material or the name of the store to contact for tracking down more of the fabric? TIA!

Re: Man of Steel suit UPDATED with NEW CAPE and BOOTS

Hey guys! I recently updated my Man of Steel suit with a much better cape and more accurate MoS style boots.
Thought I'd share.
:)

Attachments

• 295864_10152757582180080_1866229528_n.jpg
    295864_10152757582180080_1866229528_n.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_5504.JPG
    IMG_5504.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 333
  • IMG_5491.jpg
    IMG_5491.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 335
  • IMG_5502.JPG
    IMG_5502.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 311
  • IMG_5488.jpg
    IMG_5488.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 333
  • IMG_5521.JPG
    IMG_5521.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:

awesome rendition of the MOS suit... do you happen to have a product number or company name of the body suit poly/lycra material or the name of the store to contact for tracking down more of the fabric? TIA!

Sorry, I have no idea the product number of the material (and I made the suit myself). I stumbled across the material at a fabric store here in Vancouver (Dressew)

great costume! im working on a Man of Steel Suit as well my biggest question is how can you wash the suit without ruining the foam? is there a certain way to was costumes with foam peices attached?

THAT... is a great question. No idea. Try not to sweat in it too much? And avoid mustard like the plague.

Narly pics! My fav pics are #2 and #4: in this pic you kinda look like C. Reeves a bit ;) I'm working on one too and really scared of how its gonna turn out...like garbage lol. Props to you on yours Mr MOS! :D who needs muscle when you have a good looking suit! yes? yes? :p

Narly pics! My fav pics are #2 and #4: in this pic you kinda look like C. Reeves a bit ;) I'm working on one too and really scared of how its gonna turn out...like garbage lol. Props to you on yours Mr MOS! :D who needs muscle when you have a good looking suit! yes? yes? :p

Thanks! Yep a good suit does all the heavy lifting. :)

What is your new cape made of material wise?

The cape is crimson french lyrca. I reversed the material to get the right look.. the "outside" of the material has a traditional lycra sheen/finish, but the inside has this cool "woven-ness" to it which looks a lot like the cape from the movie.. almost with a velour-type quality.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back