The new SUPERMAN costume... thoughts?

The suit is growing on me, and the important thing is the story. Still, I think it would be a great image to see Superman standing in a room full of heroes wearing complex, armored suits and he's just standing there in tights because that's all he needs.

Nice! I've yet to watch that show. Nice recreation. Still, I doubt that Ma Kent had a hand in making the new suit.

But time will tell.

Sorry, saw this and ...and I'm not sorry!
Ha ha!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510-150539_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240510-150539_Gallery.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 43
Sorry, saw this and ...and I'm not sorry!
Ha ha!!
I have to say, this was the first alteration I thought of putting any time into myself, this actual batman wall scaling, and someone already had the same thought process. The original image is just so on-purpose-canon-destroying-depressing that mockery jumps in as first option upgrades.

If we get the same, we complain there is nothing new. The makers have no creativity.

If we get something new, we complain they are changing what we love. The makers don't respect the character, cannon, etc..

Boys and Girls, let's be honest. We are a picky, fussy, bitchy lot. (y) ;) :love:

If we get the same, we complain there is nothing new. The makers have no creativity.

If we get something new, we complain they are changing what we love. The makers don't respect the character, cannon, etc..

Boys and Girls, let's be honest. We are a picky, fussy, bitchy lot. (y) ;) :love:
Look at the veins in his hand!!!

He's eithet been working out, building guitars by hand or strangling thick-necked sloths.

And they put him in a thick, wrinkly WET SUIT?!?!?!

all that prep and discipline only to conceal it.

You wouldn't be upset?

It just doesnt make sense.

And NO, I don't want Fabulous Superman in a speedo with glitter, but the photo was released for a reason.

Just like with the new Dr Who or The Acolyte, if you only want up votes, fans have been burned enough to be skeptical where they spend their time and money.

You just described the RPF.

We can’t have things presented that are exactly as they were before (in most cases) and cannot be too much of a deviation from what was presented before (again, in most cases). It has to be “just right”.

If Goldilocks was a real person, she would definitely be a member…

Last edited:
If Goldilocks was a real person, she would definitely be a member…

So going with this, and I am being serious. What costume would make the most Superman fans happy?

Christopher Reeve was awesome.

Brandon Routh wore the same, slightly updated costume. I thought he looked great. People endlessly complained about the smaller chest symbol, which Singer said the larger one made Routh look small.

Henry Cavil rocked but his suit looked like he skinned a lot of reptiles. He was so darn buff he pulled it off, but no undies, no yellow belt. Bad IMHO.

I really like the look of this new suit. Odd way to present it, but I like it.

So what would everyone like? I am being serious, not sarcastic.

So going with this, and I am being serious. What costume would make the most Superman fans happy?

Serious Biy GIF

In the age of social media, I’m not sure if a new Superman costume is able to please everyone. The “just right” amalgamation of parts is capturing lightening in a bottle.

The blue long underwear, tighty-reddies on the outside, and red bedsheet for a cape days are long gone…

IMG_4416.jpeg

But, the over-sculptured and dark-colored modern variants seem to have deviated too far from the source material, for some tastes:

IMG_4417.jpeg

We will have to see how this new one settles in…once the memes stop… ;)

IMG_4419.jpeg

Last edited:

Christopher Reeve was awesome.

Brandon Routh wore the same, slightly updated costume. I thought he looked great. People endlessly complained about the smaller chest symbol, which Singer said the larger one made Routh look small.

Henry Cavil rocked but his suit looked like he skinned a lot of reptiles. He was so darn buff he pulled it off, but no undies, no yellow belt. Bad IMHO.

I really like the look of this new suit. Odd way to present it, but I like it.

It isnt just the suit, but

a suit
a pose
an attitude
a build

...that let's us know "This is SUPERMAN."

Flies faster than a speeding bullet
More powerful than a locomotive.
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!

And that photo isnt it. That's why we are still writing about it.

I had no issues with Cavill or Routh, either.

Reeves started off spectacular, but he screwed it up with movie 4, speaking Russian and throwing all the nukes into the sun.

Supes might as well be reading the Weekly World News about BatBoy in this photo, or considering dropping his College Algebra course.

The pic is trying to give off a particular vibe, and that vibe it isnt very Superman.

Captain Dunsel

It is disingenuous to claim RPF is all like that because when promo pics nail it, we all agree it nails it. When it crashes, hey! We are just being honest.

Just like with Wonder Woman, if DC kept things on track with Supes WE WOULD ALL BE THERE.

Cavill initially says he's returning and everyone gets EXCITED!!!

then they drop him....

Instead, we get The Flash. Blue beetle.

Instead DC decides to reboot, restarting EVERYTHING, even that which was successful and guranteed to generate revenue.

A Batfleck movie would have been made out like gangbustahs!!

Heck, Id prolly even watch Batgirl now, if they released it.

But the pic isnt Superman.

So, ..... if this is bizarro Sup, stuck in Superman's body but just not feelin it......through some string theory, alternateness, rebootification, devised by "somehow Luther returned"....

I finally see it. Due to the loss of any decent writers and having finally listened to the fanbase, producers can safely disregard the opinions of any of today's directors/writers/social justice warriors and have instead called writers out of retirement. Not just any old boring writers but the shocking and thought provoking ones that brought you a daily plethora of plot line killing surprises, the writers of none other than "possessed Marlena" in Days of Our Lives fame. Check out this comp scene and I think you will agree that this decades rewrites seem to be coming from the crew that provided us with daily reboots using drugs/hypnotism/possession/dopplegangers/twins/ghosts/amnesia/multiple personality disorder/extortion and spies.

20240512_110139.jpg

But just put Sup on the end of the bed putting on his boots and we're golden.

Last edited:
So, ..... if this is bizarro Sup, stuck in Superman's body but just not feelin it......through some string theory, alternateness, rebootification, devised by "somehow Luther returned"....
We already have Omniman and Homelander.

Superman is supposed to be Superman-ny.

The pics isnt very Supermanny.

And StringTheory is more for organization, no predictability.

Prolly more "entangled." ;)

Y'know, a 3 Body Problem

The only reason classic style costumes "don't cut it" anymore is because Hollywood has conditioned people to accept overly busy costume design, just like 2001 and Star Wars accidentally condtioned people to expect over designed spaceships. Though the costume thing is by design because it was an attempt to make superheroes look "less cheesy".

I like Routh as Clark, but I NEVER liked the suit. Too dark, all the S shields plasyered over it, down to the micro s shields on the fabric. Too busy. And the MCU took that concept to an absurd extreme.

This may be threatening to be off topic, but this design I made for my long dreamed to be published superhero character, Crimson Angel, has a costume design that has modern cues but is overall meant to have a classic style.
1dc4e93b92201271f6bfb4b5c9bd21.jpg

As far as Superman, had they used the classic suit design as a base, and added some kind of textured fabric, and possibly a leather cape, I doubt ANYONE would have an issue. It would be the Routh suit but more classicly styled.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back