Mac Tonight Resin Cast Sculpture

steve neill

Sr Member
I haven't been here for a while but I see my account is still in tack. There's been a lot of buzz and nostalgia regarding my nearly 50 years of work in film and TV. I get interviewed all the time for books, film, and podcasts, and one of the topics that always comes up besides GhostBusters is Mac Tonight.

At age 70 I still have a 2000 sq ft studio in Ventura called SNG Studio where Mary and I have been for 9 years now. It will be 10 next. Hard to believe as I plug away as I have always done being a maker. I never stop, I just love the work too much. Everything from making and directing Films to models and masks I am doing there.

Mac is one of those fond memories in my career. Working with my dear friends Doug Jones, Bob Burns, and my late wife Gilly Neill were good times.

So I have a lot of requests for something, Mac Tonight. I have a mask store online and I get asked this often. And since a full sized mask is just not practical or affordable. It was a big mask.

What I'm doing is a half scale resin figure that will last forever unlike rubber. I'm working with Matt Sanders with an autograph company that does Ghostbusters autographs which is how we met. I worked on the original movie and was in the film and doing makeup effects. If all goes well the first castings will be signed by myself and Doug.

There are two videos so far. The first one has the wrong title at the beginning. The second shows the sculpture being roughed out while I tell my Hollywood stories about working on Mac with Bob Burns and Doug Jones.

Enjoy.

This is so exciting! Mac Tonight is one of my favorite nostalgic mascots of the 80's! I met with Doug this year at Phoenix Fan Fusion and had him sign one of my favorite photos of him that I digitally restored. I would love to have these two displayed together in my collection!
PXL_20220529_004234820.MP.jpg

I cant wait to see more updates on this!

This is so exciting! Mac Tonight is one of my favorite nostalgic mascots of the 80's! I met with Doug this year at Phoenix Fan Fusion and had him sign one of my favorite photos of him that I digitally restored. I would love to have these two displayed together in my collection!
View attachment 1643905

I cant wait to see more updates on this!
Wow. Thanks so much! I'll keep the updates coming Christian!

Great videos Steve; always loved the tutorials and various techniques you've showed us over the years...and many more to come:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hi Steve! Just saw your New Year update video (and Mac under the plastic). Can't wait to see you finish him AND the restoration of your Gorilla mask.

I'm knee deep in another Hollywood gorilla suit build and I owe it all to you. Your Moonwatcher tutorial is still my go-to.

Keep the updates coming and I'll see you over at Ape Suit Cinema.

Jeff

Hi Steve! Just saw your New Year update video (and Mac under the plastic). Can't wait to see you finish him AND the restoration of your Gorilla mask.

I'm knee deep in another Hollywood gorilla suit build and I owe it all to you. Your Moonwatcher tutorial is still my go-to.

Keep the updates coming and I'll see you over at Ape Suit Cinema.

Jeff
Hey Jeff! Thank you so much my friend! Enjoy that suit build!!

Hey Steve, what is your preferred deadener %? I think you mentioned over on ASC 100% (can't find the post) but on Adams Moonwatcher you used 140% and you said it was the most you've ever used. Would you still recommend 140%? I'm using Platsil Gel-10. Just afraid of it being too sticky.

Jeff

And for those interested in making your own Silicone mask, here is Steve's Moonwatcher tutorial. This tutorial taught me so much that I'm working on my second Gorilla mask.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back