Luke V2 question

J.Max

I haven’t been around in a long, long time…but…I’m looking for a Luke V2, and I’ve missed out on all of the recent Starkiller runs, including the Black Friday one from yesterday. Of the available ones, does anyone have any input on what is the most accurate to the screen used prop? I’m looking for a static prop without electronics that is similar to the actual prop rather than an idealized one. Most of the hilts I see are made for installs, and I’m not looking for a toy/weapon this time. This is for a display piece to show what the actual prop was like. I hope this isn’t considered a WTB question…I’m looking for reviews…thanks!

PPP is doing a mini run:

I also believe DaveP might be doing a run in 2024. Just to give you some in production or upcoming run options.

Of the available ones, does anyone have any input on what is the most accurate to the screen used prop? I’m looking for a static prop without electronics that is similar to the actual prop rather than an idealized one...

I hate patting myself on the back, but if you're wanting the closest to the actual filming props, it would be mine far and above other options. It's made from a restored lineage pattern, sand cast in metal (alu or original alloy, depending on if I have enough) as per the originals, and machined to spec as close as I can get based on the surviving materials and what my own research turned up.

The only downside to them is I can't get them perfect to the original hilts. The process to make them as they originally were really make it impossible. However, the end results will be birthed under virtually the same conditions that the screen-used hilts came from.

Right here.

I also want to backpedal a little. You're new, (or at least haven't been around in a while) and want the most accurate thing but... There are important questions

1) Do you know what kind of accuracy you're thinking of?
2) Do you know the prop a bunch or just the general shape and look?
3) If not, why do you want accuracy without knowing what to look for?

I recommend learning about the prop first, and we (I) love answering questions! Any replica you get, other than things like korbanth/custom saber looking things, will be 'accurate' enough and be downright stunning and beautiful. Everyone here is an amazing maker, it doesn't matter if you pick up a roman steel v2, a PPP cast or an older starkiller run, we are miles from where we were 10 years ago and everything is pretty darned close to the average fan.

4) What will make you happy in a saber replica?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back