Luke ESB Saber - newly acquired part

I don't know where the hell this pic came from, or what DV saber it's from but look! ILM used the thick portions of edge connectors!

Attachments

• dvcardedge.jpg
    dvcardedge.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 113
That's probably the so-called DV Barbican saber with an MPP clamp ... as far as I know it has not been used on screen ... please correct me if mistaken :unsure

Chaim

That board finally came. I've documented trimming it down here. This Roman clamp I have is unscrewed twice (or four flips) so if I have a fully tight clamp on a flashgun in the future, I will sand down the gold side primarily, and a little of the silver to make it fit and keep the ratio the same right?

Here we go!
http://imgur.com/a/OO4f9

Very nice ... and I finally understood what you meant ... very clear pictures ... by the way have you ever thought of becoming a 'hand' model ... such nice hands ;)

Chaim

What kind of pc-board is this?
How is it called?

thanks in advance,

Markus

So it turns out one of those boards doesn't work for this prop - and while I was dicking around trying to figure out how to add thin silver fingers and not mess it up, I realized that there was a board I wanted that got lost in communication (very bad business man, confused the hell out of me so I just took whatever he gave me) and I noticed the guy still had boards for sale. I asked him if this certain board was still around - I don't need the one I have left and he could get some $ for it. I offered a trade basically, to correct the sale. His only response was "pay me" over and over so I kept this one (I'll decide what to do with it) and I got another smaller piece. Ironically, it might have a better finger pattern than the one above, we'll see when it comes View attachment 356486

lmfao Thanks Chaim - no I haven't, I play guitar religiously, so there's that

Markus - Honestly I have no idea. This board specifically has no chips, just a bunch of resistors and whatnot
I do know that whatever mainframe computers looked like back in the 70s...These were plugged into Otis Elevator computers and used to run the darned thing. The larger boards I have are nearly all chips.

I have yet to find schematics of elevator control centers in 1975

a big help would be if anyone recognized that red logo printed into the board!

Last edited:
What do you guys think of this? Any good? It looks to me like the silver traces might be too thin and short.....but it looks pretty nice!

Rich$_57.JPG

That is a nice board! I'm sure, though, that the edge of a graflex clamp would cover any silver fingers if cut on the line of holes. You need a little more meat to work with

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back