lost boys MARKO jacket replica!

For those who finished the jacket or almost there, have you thought about lining the inside? I'm just looking at mine and I hate the look of the stitching. I was going to add it and started a rough draft of the pattern. Personal choice or is it best to leave in the inside alone? Not like Alex will be coming to my neck of the woods so I won't need the inside autographed.
I was thinking the same thing. If I do, I have some very thin, light leftover denim I bought to stitch onto the Warrior patch I might use. But then, if you ever have to replace or repair something on the outside, that will make it difficult.

WHAT?? No way!! That IS lucky!! Good job!! I look for this one and the Cleo but I never know how to look them up.
Thanks! Here’s a snap of it next to the Contrado print to show the difference.

IMG_0592.jpeg

I was thinking the same thing. If I do, I have some very thin, light leftover denim I bought to stitch onto the Warrior patch I might use. But then, if you ever have to replace or repair something on the outside, that will make it difficult.
That's crossed my mind too. I realized yesterday that there was a small part on the jacket where I had to pick off the thread from the tapestry to make a minor adjustment and forgot to re-stitch. So I guess now after second thought I'll skip the addition.

View attachment 1801014
You definitely got lucky in finding the exact match for Marko's jacket. The contrado print is the same as my tapestry. So it's not wrong, it's just a different version of the tapestry. I personally would rather have the correct one, but since I had the tapestry, I decided to use it, even though it's a little off in the face and color.

View attachment 1801014
They're so close you almost can't even tell the difference in the picture, personally I'd be very conflicted about chopping up the original. So, since you're one of the few people that have had possession of both items, wouldn't you say that the Chi Chi Furnishings Velour material is a very good alternative.

Yeah, they’re super close for sure! I think the color is more vibrant on the real ones, the red part. I tried color correcting it more before I printed it but that was the best I could get it. Definitely looks fantastic though, which is good because I’m using the Cleo lady from them.

Yeah, they’re super close for sure! I think the color is more vibrant on the real ones, the red part. I tried color correcting it more before I printed it but that was the best I could get it. Definitely looks fantastic though, which is good because I’m using the Cleo lady from them.
Right, I agree too about the red. I've tried several different ways of printing it and I've found making the red darker as opposed to brighter and more vibrant is the best way. Also, the original tapestries have sharper details, the ones from Contrado tend to print with softer details. Still though, I personally think is an excellent alternative.

I second that thought. My leopard came in tonight and the color is so vibrant on it I can't wait to see how it looks once it's attached to the jacket. Just have to find a peacock now. And Cleo godwilling lol.

Right, I agree too about the red. I've tried several different ways of printing it and I've found making the red darker as opposed to brighter and more vibrant is the best way. Also, the original tapestries have sharper details, the ones from Contrado tend to print with softer details. Still though, I personally think is an excellent alternative.

My contrado prints arrived and I have to say the quality for price ratio is pretty amazing. More than happy for them to go on my jacket. If I find an original of the ladies i'd even be tempted to not switch them out because of how rare the ladies are.

Also my gloves came in today First MFG's Thanos gloves really are very close to if not exactly screen accurate.

Buy it now, NOT mine. The sky isn't the correct blue, but at least it's facing the correct direction.
Screenshot_20240323_141415_eBay.jpg

Just as one gets sold another pops up. Cheaper than Contrado, 14 usd.

Screenshot_20240324_112521_eBay.jpg

There are slight quality variations in the Cleo. I own an original 60s one and Markos version is the reproduction with a much clearer, updated design. I've seen original 60/70s chariot lady with the tassles on the side too.

Has anyone got any actual vintage patches? All im seeing in my search at the moment are very close to accurate reproductions but nothing actually vintage, apart from the collar "A" but that's contentious.

Has anyone got any actual vintage patches? All im seeing in my search at the moment are very close to accurate reproductions but nothing actually vintage, apart from the collar "A" but that's contentious.
You can pretty much find these I have online now and some are regularly popping up (join the Professionals, 1903), I have the 13 Skull crossbones original too on my jacket and that is always on Ebay. The I don't get mad is the wrong colour but the correct sizing
ImportedPhoto_1711487202932.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back