Logan (Wolverine Sequel)

I have a good feeling about this one, the trailer makes it look like a cross between a smaller, independent-like, character driven movie, and a proper Wolverine movie. I truly believe that the key to a top notch, universally acclaimed comic book movie resides in a hybrid that's part comic book movie, and part another genre. Like Winter Solider, that was definitely a comic book movie, but also a pretty neat spy/thriller movie, the key was that it was extremely well balanced. Same goes for the Dark Knight. So if they could find that balance for the movie, they'll be set for a proper goodbye to both Jackman and Stewart.
And on a more personal note I'm getting a bit tired of big scale world threat stakes, so a more intimate and local story, which is what it looks like, that's a breeze of fresh air for me.

I have a good feeling about this one, the trailer makes it look like a cross between a smaller, independent-like, character driven movie, and a proper Wolverine movie. I truly believe that the key to a top notch, universally acclaimed comic book movie resides in a hybrid that's part comic book movie, and part another genre. Like Winter Solider, that was definitely a comic book movie, but also a pretty neat spy/thriller movie, the key was that it was extremely well balanced. Same goes for the Dark Knight. So if they could find that balance for the movie, they'll be set for a proper goodbye to both Jackman and Stewart.
And on a more personal note I'm getting a bit tired of big scale world threat stakes, so a more intimate and local story, which is what it looks like, that's a breeze of fresh air for me.

Absolutely.

We need to see less event movies on the horizon and more character studies and interaction. There are some amazing depths for drama to mine in the comic book community, and its the only way the genre will survive - people will eventually burn out on this genre if it doesn't evolve as it goes.

I'm up for a character-driven show. But I hope it's not one of those things where he spends the whole movie being as far from Wolverine as possible and finally acts like him again just for a final scene. (Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven)

I haven't read the comic, so how does this go? Is this way in the future? How did all the mutants die? How is Professor X still alive?

to sum it up real quick

logan wakes up in the x mansion to all the super villains attacking the mansion, he kills each one, one by one believing he just did the impossible and saved everyone inside. Only does he realize that mysterio was screwing with his mind. And Logan just killed all the xmen. He runs away and never exposes his claws again. He ends up having a family and working for the hulk. This is a alternative universe thing... Which I hate and is the reason I have stopped buying marvel superhero books. Red skull is the president of the country... If I remember right magneto also controls some part of the country as well... Doctor doom too. Hulk kills Logan's family to get him mad enough to finally fight the wolverine at his strongest..

honestly I was really disappointed with the book, maybe I will enjoy the movie more.

to sum it up real quick

logan wakes up in the x mansion to all the super villains attacking the mansion, he kills each one, one by one believing he just did the impossible and saved everyone inside. Only does he realize that mysterio was screwing with his mind. And Logan just killed all the xmen. He runs away and never exposes his claws again. He ends up having a family and working for the hulk. This is a alternative universe thing... Which I hate and is the reason I have stopped buying marvel superhero books. Red skull is the president of the country... If I remember right magneto also controls some part of the country as well... Doctor doom too. Hulk kills Logan's family to get him mad enough to finally fight the wolverine at his strongest..

honestly I was really disappointed with the book, maybe I will enjoy the movie more.

I don't think much of the "states" will be adapted at all. They might have some areas of the U.S. being gang territories but I doubt that plays into the story much.

I think the only thing they might adapt is that Logan is mind controlled into killing several (not all) X-Men. Another event possibly coincides with this that wipes out the majority of the rest of mutants - perhaps a gene thing, or perhaps it's planned by the big bad.

Years later, Logan is caring for Xavier with Dementia, and has to explain to him regularly what the world is now etc - this is how the audience finds out what happened.

In Apocalypse, the end credit scene shows us that Sinister is on the scene. Clearly he creates X-23 etc.

It could be that X-23 is a way to lure Wolverine out from his retirement somehow? Give him and Charles a kid to protect, but the kid is essentially a concealed weapon on Sinisters behalf.

Either way, I don't think there will be (other than a slightly distant future, old Logan, and some dead mutants) that many similarities to Old Man Logan.

I don't know about you guys, but I was just super excited to see Laura. And I'm also a bit happy that somehow this still seems like the happiest childhood shes ever had considering. xD

I haven't watched an X-Men movie since The Last Stand and Origins, but seeing the trailer before Doctor Strange made me want to see this.

First Class was the best one since the first two.

It gets wrongly remembered as mediocre because it didn't sell very well. It didn't sell very well because it was following crap.

First class was decent. Set up some interesting stuff. Days of Future Past was good, too. Also opened the door to possibly doing some cool things.

Age of Apocalypse, though, I haven't seen yet. And I gather it sucked. And this...meh. I think the trend with X-Men films seems to be taht they'll put out one or two good ones, then crap it up for a few films until they right the ship again with another film, and the cycle repeats.

First class was decent. Set up some interesting stuff. Days of Future Past was good, too. Also opened the door to possibly doing some cool things.

Age of Apocalypse, though, I haven't seen yet. And I gather it sucked. And this...meh. I think the trend with X-Men films seems to be taht they'll put out one or two good ones, then crap it up for a few films until they right the ship again with another film, and the cycle repeats.

I don't think AoA sucked, as much as it just ...is. (#rpfresidentoptimist) and I was entertained in the theatre, genuinely. Not blown away, just entertained. When I started thinking about more of it afterwards, it dropped a few notches, in a similar way that Iron Man 2 did. Some great moments, a fun film overall, but just not quite up to scratch.

Not every film is going to be the best ever, but we do need to get away from the idea that everything must be awesome or awful - I know you arent implying that, just felt apt to mention.

I don't think AoA sucked, as much as it just ...is. (#rpfresidentoptimist) and I was entertained in the theatre, genuinely. Not blown away, just entertained. When I started thinking about more of it afterwards, it dropped a few notches, in a similar way that Iron Man 2 did. Some great moments, a fun film overall, but just not quite up to scratch.

Not every film is going to be the best ever, but we do need to get away from the idea that everything must be awesome or awful - I know you arent implying that, just felt apt to mention.

AoA was huge back in the 90's i was really hoping it was going to be the next big film.i was super excited once we saw the sneak peak for it in the end credits. i was totally blown away and amazed at days of future past. though i like Oscar Isaac. he doesnt fill the apocalypse role to me... the guy who played Bane in the dark knight raises i think could make a great apocalypse. but oscar is too tiny...

i loved seeing storm and that actor portrayed her good. but everything else.. heh... i hate to be a negative nelly but i was so disappointed. and i dont think anything will ever top the quicksilver kitchen scene.

i hope logan pulls it off

the guy who played Bane in the dark knight raises i think could make a great apocalypse. but oscar is too tiny...

Hehe check this out
IMG_20161107_190007.jpg

Hardy had custom lifts, I need some like his! I'm 5'9" and my oldest brother is 6'0" :D Apocalypse could've been Soooo much more epic than he was made, Ironhead Studio used an Isaac lifecast to create their version of Apocalypse, Ironhead is amazing but for soe reason film studios underuse them :(
ironhead_studios_tested_interview_1.jpg
ironhead_studios_tested_interview_1.jpg

Hardy had custom lifts, I need some like his! I'm 5'9" and my oldest brother is 6'0" :D Apocalypse could've been Soooo much more epic than he was made, Ironhead Studio used an Isaac lifecast to create their version of Apocalypse, Ironhead is amazing but for soe reason film studios underuse them :(
View attachment 681244
View attachment 681244

i remember seeing this on a youtube video.that is exactly what we all wanted... but not what we got :(

I'm confused. So this film is set in post-apocalyptic future again...so why not time-travel back in time again(before the events of Logan) to prevent mutant extinction? The X-Men would still have mostly everyone and their mansion

Can anyone explain this?

Last edited:
I'm confused. So this film is set in post-apocalyptic future again...so why not time-travel back in time again(before the events of Logan) to prevent mutant extinction? The X-Men would still have mostly everyone and their mansion

Can anyone explain this?

As Beast says in DoFP, time corrects itself and some events may still occur whether they go back or not. My theory is: mutant extinction is a hard truth inevitability. This is 1 year after the future ending of DoFP, so its the "happy sendoff" timeline for the original cast. I think they went this route for a final final sendoff for everyone from the original cast from 2000.

To end that era welcomes a new generation of mutants, no matter which timeline or decade we're seeing. We're getting X-Force, as well as New Mutants films in the coming future, these can take place at anytime between 1983 and 2023. We can focus on the young version of the characters and also several new characters to fill in the missing gaps.

As Deadpool said: "these timelines are confusing!"

Can anyone explain this?

They can't send Logan back to his old body if Kitty Pryde is one of the mutants that dies in the events (or pre-events) of Logan. "The world is not the same as it was...mutants...they're gone now."

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back