I can't wait for the remaster because playing the original Dark Forces with a mouse and keyboard in the last 20 years is impossible. They had it so the mouse moves you side to side and backwards/forwards instead of looking around like in a modern FPS. I think it did let you aim up or down, but it would still move your character.
Shadows of the Empire need this treatment too. The controls are very frustrating on PC.

I don't know why but I never played SOTE. I think I thought it was more of a console game, so I skipped it.
It's on steam. I definitely recommend giving it a try. As I recall the graphics are even better on PC. Plus the original soundtrack for the multimedia project. Was amazing. I always loved the first comic as well.

I still have the CD soundtrack to Shadows of the Empire in my collection next to the OT soundtrack CDs. I would always listen to it back then and still do today.

I really enjoyed the novel. I don't think I have any of the comics though. Perhaps I have a few cards. I remember the book was where we got the moment where Luke's Jedi abilities really started to click in. It's sad but I enjoyed that book and soundtrack far more than the Prequels and Sequels.

Although, I know I didn't like the game that much. I remember renting it or playing it somewhere on N64. Perhaps it could use a remake.

I do remember thinking when I watched the Solo movie that Xizor should have been the surprise reveal at the end instead of I think Maul. I kind of liked parts of that movie. I'll give it another watch one day.

I still have the CD soundtrack to Shadows of the Empire in my collection next to the OT soundtrack CDs. I would always listen to it back then and still do today.

I really enjoyed the novel. I don't think I have any of the comics though. Perhaps I have a few cards. I remember the book was where we got the moment where Luke's Jedi abilities really started to click in. It's sad but I enjoyed that book and soundtrack far more than the Prequels and Sequels.

Although, I know I didn't like the game that much. I remember renting it or playing it somewhere on N64. Perhaps it could use a remake.

I do remember thinking when I watched the Solo movie that Xizor should have been the surprise reveal at the end instead of I think Maul. I kind of liked parts of that movie. I'll give it another watch one day.
That would have been incredible..

That would have been incredible..

Yeah, I guess I was really slow realizing it. Or perhaps hoped for the best even though I remember George Lucas saying if it didn't happen in the movies it doesn't count.

That was pretty much the breaking point of the Prequels for me because many stories in the books and comics were actually good. And although the Prequel movies have some good moments. They should have been far better. As good movies are good as a whole not just bits and pieces.

On a side but kind of similar note. I remember mentioning a few movies or TV shows that I think didn't have topics here. One of which was Attack the Block with John Boyega. It's the movie that made me think he was going to be one of Luke's undercover Jedi in The Force Awakens. Attack the Block is still a fun horror movie and worth checking out for those that haven't seen it.

But more recently, I just watched John Boyega's latest called They Cloned Tyrone. And yes the title flat out says it. But this movie is very good with surprises. It reminded me of a favorite 1980s sci-fi horror movie. Which I don't want to name and ruin They Cloned Tyrone for those that haven't seen it. I would only watch the first 45 or 50 seconds of the trailer if you need to get a feel for the movie. The whole cast is good but don't check IMDB or wiki. John Boyega is far better in Attack the Block and They Cloned Tyrone than those Star Wars Sequels.

Well this a real let down. Just tinkering around on Instant Action, I noticed some horrible stuttering with the BF1 loading screen. And the sound effects aren't the correct. The fonts have been changed for some reason. The starfighters are stuck with inverted controls.

With BF2 even with the sensitivity turned up, the controls felt horrible. And I've heard it's missing half of the cut scenes from the 501st campaign. I asked for a refund today. I going to need to see some patches and a cheaper price.

Yeah, this "toxic fans" narrative didn't make sense to me then and it doesn't make sense to me now. It's made to sound as if there were legions of fans that had nothing better to do than harass these actors (prior to social media mind you) on a daily basis. Jake Lloyd sadly has mental issues. Judging from his appearance in the Mandalorian, Ahmed Best probably didn't have the acting chops to get further in Hollywood. I highly doubt casting directors would have cared that he played an unpopular cgi cartoon character that in no way resembles his real-life acting persona/image, that 99% of an audience wouldn't recognize him from. Hayden just got hit with bad luck. He starred in a few movies post Star Wars that weren't successful enough to make him a bankable actor. After that, the "Star Wars 'stigma'" that afflicted Hamill, Fisher, and Williams latched onto him. As for George... I think he couldn't give less of a damn about what people thought. I'm sure he was disappointed that the prequels weren't better received but, to suggest toxic fans are the reason for him no longer wanting to make films is pretty hard to believe. I doubt someone as highly driven as he was would get that hurt by some fans crying over a set of movies.

This is all just apologists projecting their own victim mentalities.

Well this a real let down. Just tinkering around on Instant Action, I noticed some horrible stuttering with the BF1 loading screen. And the sound effects aren't the correct. The fonts have been changed for some reason. The starfighters are stuck with inverted controls.

With BF2 even with the sensitivity turned up, the controls felt horrible. And I've heard it's missing half of the cut scenes from the 501st campaign. I asked for a refund today. I going to need to see some patches and a cheaper price.
What exactly was this remaster supposed to do? Because I have the original Battlefront II on Steam and, like, you can just fire it up and play if you want. I don't really get the point of this remaster. I gather it improves the FPS in the game? But...so what? The old game runs fine. Did this otherwise improve the graphics or controls or something?

What exactly was this remaster supposed to do? Because I have the original Battlefront II on Steam and, like, you can just fire it up and play if you want. I don't really get the point of this remaster. I gather it improves the FPS in the game? But...so what? The old game runs fine. Did this otherwise improve the graphics or controls or something?
Aside from 4k upscaled textures and some better reflections, not much for PC. For consoles however, it was supposed to bring back full multiplayer support for Xbox One and Series X, PS4 and PS5, and switch, which is pretty big deal. They had backwards compatibility for the Xbox, but not PS4, PS5 or Switch, and you couldn't do multiplayer.

On PC this is mostly pointless (plus it's a console port with the console menu, which I dislike.)

Yeah, this "toxic fans" narrative didn't make sense to me then and it doesn't make sense to me now. It's made to sound as if there were legions of fans that had nothing better to do than harass these actors (prior to social media mind you) on a daily basis. Jake Lloyd sadly has mental issues. Judging from his appearance in the Mandalorian, Ahmed Best probably didn't have the acting chops to get further in Hollywood. I highly doubt casting directors would have cared that he played an unpopular cgi cartoon character that in no way resembles his real-life acting persona/image, that 99% of an audience wouldn't recognize him from. Hayden just got hit with bad luck. He starred in a few movies post Star Wars that weren't successful enough to make him a bankable actor. After that, the "Star Wars 'stigma'" that afflicted Hamill, Fisher, and Williams latched onto him. As for George... I think he couldn't give less of a damn about what people thought. I'm sure he was disappointed that the prequels weren't better received but, to suggest toxic fans are the reason for him no longer wanting to make films is pretty hard to believe. I doubt someone as highly driven as he was would get that hurt by some fans crying over a set of movies.

This is all just apologists projecting their own victim mentalities.

100% on-point.

When victimhood becomes currency, everyone wants to be one; or bestow its status to others in order to elevate them.

Pretty tiresome stuff.

There are definitely toxic fans from what we saw with Jake Lloyd, Ahmed Best, and that girl that played Rose (her character did stink). However that label has been a defense mechanism for companies with bad writing to cover criticism. We're seeing this right now with game "journalists" and the regular "journalists" do the same thing when some company labels fans toxic they run cover for those companies as well. When the Sequels were out everyone was running stories about how "everyone" knows that SW fans are toxic racists and misogynists. Remember when a bad product (New Coke), movie, or buggy/poorly optimized game would come out and the company would issue an apology and say "We're sorry, we'll try to do better in the future."? Not anymore. It's your fault.

I watched an interview the other day with Gina Carano where she said Disney/Lucasfilm PR was telling her to unfollow certain fan channels that were critical of current SW or Kathleen Kennedy. So it's kind of sounding like what we all suspected. It was also interesting that she said she is still friends with Pedro Pascal and he was telling her what hashtags to add to make the haters happy, which she refused to do. How about coming out and defending her in the first place and telling everyone she's not a bad person if you believe that?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back