Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

I just took a little goo gone on a paper towel and it wiped off pretty easily. I think it's funny how much debate this saber is bringing about, but I love the darn thing so what do I know? BTW as for detachable blades its a pretty easy upgrade to achieve via the tutorial back earlier in this thread.

Thanks..I'll go get some in the morning then.

My only gripe with this is the stupid cheap stand they put with it that's designed to hold the weight of it all on a single point of the blade...thing was bending when I tried that, and then the alternative is to yet again balance it on a shallow piece on the top? So annoyed by it, I'm better off laying on my counter top and calling it a day

Yeah that holder is basically useless, even just the hilt with the blades off still doesn't sit particularly well on that thing. I liked the old stands a bit better, I actually just 3d printed some hooks I found online and put it up on my wall mounted horizontal for now.

I just took a little goo gone on a paper towel and it wiped off pretty easily. I think it's funny how much debate this saber is bringing about, but I love the darn thing so what do I know? BTW as for detachable blades its a pretty easy upgrade to achieve via the tutorial back earlier in this thread.

The only issue with the tutorial is it doesn't really address how to reattach the blades so that it's duelable. I did notice from the thread that the Custom Saber Shop has received one and is designing a conversion kit. Now we'll be cookin' with gas... :)

Last edited:
yeah My guess is to make it a 'dueling' saber they're going to have to bring some of the holder out of the emitter section (similar to the obi and lukes they've done). I didn't really care so much since mine is more for show and you can still strike it pretty decent without worrying about jarring the blades loose.

I still say a removable blade, battle ready FX KR with flicker, flash-on-clash, vibro-lock-on (yeah, I'm inventing terms here, it's a good time to be a Star Wars fan), the improved swing and clash sensitivity and a speaker upgrade would abso-freakin' rock.

Really? $380-400 shipped?

His sabers aren't really far off from Ultrasabers' prices - I thought for sure they would run closer to $600-700.

Wow. Ultrasabers are ultra overpriced.

I like the mokoto saber, but I like the timed delay of the FX saber between the main blade and the cross guard activation more than the mokoto

I like the mokoto saber, but I like the timed delay of the FX saber between the main blade and the cross guard activation more than the mokoto

Yea, there's definitely more of a delay with the Black Series FX saber. All it's really missing is a Makoto LED boost and louder sounds and I'd be content. :) Loving the Hilt.

Some videos of it in action

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpegI got lucky at the target in Riverbank, CA

hunting action figures today, Walmart has Vader and yoda black series sabers on the shelfs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is in the Orlando, FL area, the new ThinkGeek store that opened up this week has about 30 of them. Yes you read that right-30. Thirty. 3-0. Thirty.
They're priced at $199.99 and you get the geek points even when you buy in store.

Last edited:
On a whim I ordered one I found online from KMART, but I really shouldn't have, I can't really afford it... I guess I'll sell it on the ol Electronic Bay or return it.

so I finally said screw it and opened my kylo saber up.

Right off the bat i love the weight of it.

Not sure what everyone seems to be talking about the thickness I am 5 1/2 feet with girl hands and my hands fit around it just fine.

Yes the sound does suck but im sure some RPF member will come up with a better speaker and a way to get it in there, other then that it is one awesome saber.

DO NOT BE LIKE ME AND INSERT RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES.

Due to heavy gaming and Netflix watching the only batteries I have around the house are rechargeable ones and as some may already know they are thicker then regualr AA batteries so my saber battery socket thing got stuck and had a hard time getting it out.

I was about to open my vader but due to the battery situation I will wait until I can head down to the store to pick up some better ones.

On that note my saber after about 10 min of play had a hard time staying on, it would shut off by itself right away I thought **** A DEFECTIVE SABER but after pressing the button a couple of times it worked just fine but kept shutting off again thus it seems the batteries were the issue even though they were fully charged, any suggestions on which batteries to use?

Last edited:
I did a speaker change on mine tonight, to be honest I'm not sure it un-muffled the sound all that much. I might try for one of the 'bass' speakers that custom saber shop offers and see if that makes a difference. I also cut out some of the vent area to make a little more opening.

I can't wait until one of the saber shops offers up some new blades for the side emitters, then it'll be on!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back