Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

I was at least hoping they would have the remastered ANH sound fonts but appears to just be the standard "Jedi" sound board from 2007. That is extremely disappointing.

The blade scrolling looks...bad. Were the old Hasbro's that bad?

So can we finally confirm that these are just reissued Hasbro fixed blade FX sabers with different (worse) stands?

The blade scrolling looks...bad. Were the old Hasbro's that bad?

So can we finally confirm that these are just reissued Hasbro fixed blade FX sabers with different (worse) stands?

Not an expert on the previous versions, but I'm betting the answer it. "Yes."

Got the Luke today. (Amazon) I like it. Sounds a little louder than the Vader version. Both have brand new batteries.

I have three real Graflex hilts to admire, so non-removable blades are not an issue to me.

I'm going to mount them vertical on either side of my prop display, so the stands aren't needed.

I like them. They are what I expected them to be.

Not an expert on the previous versions, but I'm betting the answer it. "Yes."

Got the Luke today. (Amazon) I like it. Sounds a little louder than the Vader version. Both have brand new batteries.

I have three real Graflex hilts to admire, so non-removable blades are not an issue to me.

I'm going to mount them vertical on either side of my prop display, so the stands aren't needed.

I like them. They are what I expected them to be.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/Scott_D_1969_007/Prop Collection/DSC03877_zpsa0kmhf2k.jpg

How is the size compared to a real Graflex?

...So can we finally confirm that these are just reissued Hasbro fixed blade FX sabers with different (worse) stands?

Yep, I have the '07 MR, '07 Hasbro and '10 Hasbro... That is a reissue of the '07 down to the seam in the chrome plating on the center of the underside of the plastic emitter and the weird PT blaster-clash sound of the MR "Jedi" board.

Yep. I prefer the '05 Vader ESB, but those are actually two of the best, most accurate FX sabers to be had. Not sure where the Yoda came from except from stock overruns.

Last edited:
no problem at all man.

I would really love to hear from those who got the black series luke on the weight of the saber.

I personally do not have any other sabers other than the black series ones thus do not have a MS luke to compare it to thus my disappointment of the weight and how the hilt material felt in the video but maybe this is how the other lukes have been made?

Dont mean to steer anyone away from the saber in my video this is just comparing it to the vader and kylo and feeling how weighted they are. the luke saber is still one beautiful saber for the price.

I can't wait to see what the next wave would be. I hope there is a Luke esb rerelease and hopefully a Wampa claw saber and if where lucky Rotj darth Vader and others.what do you want in the next wave?

I can't wait to see what the next wave would be. I hope there is a Luke esb rerelease and hopefully a Wampa claw saber and if where lucky Rotj darth Vader and others.what do you want in the next wave?

I like where you're headed with the ROTJ Vader. I've always liked the ROTS Vader myself. Maybe the first Qui-gon Jinn? Force Awakens Graflex?

The hilts them selves are nothing new.

But the guts are brand spanking new. I'm surprised you guys think the sounds are recycled mr Jedi sounds. They are not, far from it. Just compare the 2 fonts. The new Hasbro fonts to me sound closer to the films.

The accelerometer is another brand spanking new feature. That means swing pitch is coordinated with swing speed. I have both Yoda and Kylo. The response from the accelerometer is pretty spot on. The old MR and Hasbro sabers just randomly played back a swing sound from a limited selection. The black series offer a lot more swing sounds.

These are not just reissues of the fixed bladed sabers. Asteticlly they are the same but function on a whole new level. I'm impressed with the Black series so far.

I went to Toys R Us last night and picked up the Kylo Ren Ultimate FX TRU Exclusive lightsaber (not The Black). It's really nice. It was $59.99. The sound is ok, but I think the speaker is cheap. If it were replaced I'm betting it would sound great. The brightness is good. The effects are good. The main blade extends first and then the exhaust "blades" light up. It a cool effect. The detail on the hilt is good. I'm going to do a little repaint on it, but I think they did an overall excellent job with it. The one thing I would like to have seen is four more inches on the main blade. It is about 32 inches in total length with the blade coming in at 23 inches... and just seems waaay too short to me. Perhaps it's the correct size, but the hilt is so long that the blade needs 4" more to make it look "impressive." FYI, they had the Darth Vader "The Black" series in stock for $149 each. I almost bought one.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back