KISS: Gene Simmons - Dynasty, Monster and now CREATURES of the NIGHT Costume Nov 3

Re: KISS: Gene Simmons - Dynasty & MONSTSER Costumes WIP

David I want to take on the Demon Dynasty project. Where did you get the boots you started with?

Last edited:
Re: KISS: Gene Simmons - Dynasty & MONSTSER Costumes WIP

Holding true to tradition, here's this years Gene Simmons Halloween Costume.:lol

From the 1982 album Creatures of the Night...the last tour with make up on before they took it off...only then put it back on again about a decade later...:D

This is the real costume....and the real Gene Simmons...
vmKADVM.jpg

gene83.jpg

And this is me with the finished Creatures costume. :angel
Just under a 3 week build, started in October and finished the night before Halloween.
Not sure why I keep doing that considering there's a whole year to work on this stuff.............:facepalm

Creatures David RPF 1.jpg

Creatures David RPF 4.jpg

Creatures David RPF 5.jpg

Creatures David RPF 2.jpg

Creatures David RPF 3.jpg

Here's the back....but...it's a bit of a fail.:wacko
The shoulder under armor parts (the black ones that go under the silver shoulder armor) were not strapped down properly on the back to the hidden points underneath them. When I took this off of the mannequin I undid them and just tied them to the visible back rings and completely forgot about them later on when I put this on.
My wife had no idea when she was taking the pics that they weren't strapped down properly so there you have it. Silly oversight on my part.

Creatures David 8.jpg

Sure I felt a little exposed in this one...but only at first. Halloween was fu-un!
;)

Until next year.

Creatures David Promo.jpg

Cheers!

David I want to take on the Demon Dynasty project. Where did you get the boots you started with?

They were the Ebay Demonia boots....and they're meh at best. Not a great fit at all, big and bulky....but it is just a generic platform boot.

David

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back