Kick Ass costume?

In the Comic, the kick ass costume is supposed to be a scuba suit.

The vertical stitching on the mask between the nose and the mouth definitely looks of the type that is found on wetsuits....

Hmmm, really does appear that it could be either material at the moment (or both).

"Working with costume designer Sammy Sheldon, he has fashioned an exaggerated look, all from attire that can be purchased on-line. Johnson’s hero get-up is basically a wetsuit, "

From the clothes on film interview. Take it as you will, but I'd start looking for premade wetsuits.

"Working with costume designer Sammy Sheldon, he has fashioned an exaggerated look, all from attire that can be purchased on-line. Johnson’s hero get-up is basically a wetsuit, "

From the clothes on film interview. Take it as you will, but I'd start looking for premade wetsuits.

I think two points prevent it from it from being off the shelf. One is that there is no way to hide the logos that would have been on it and the second being the colour. Its worth a try but i think she ment that it was based on premade ones but was still custom.

I know one of the stuntmen who worked on the film (James Embree) and I asked him what he thought the suit was made from, and he said he was pretty certain it was a wetsuit cause it was really uncomfortable to have to do fight scenes in. :lol

Hi Guys

I have set up my own little business having costumes made just for me. I don’t want to upset anyone by self promoting my site, but I am a genuine guy who was fed up with the c**p unoriginal licensed costumes available so I sold my house and set up my own site. So far I have had 5 original Bruno costumes made and I am having the kick ass costume produced and fingers crossed the main bits of the hit girl costume. I don’t have tons of costumes online but I am concentrating on having original QUALITY costumes made. If anyone has suggestions on costumes from forthcoming films I could mass produce please feel free to shout out your suggestions and if you want my site address for the kick ass costume please let me know.
I have attached a picture of the prototype which I am pretty pleased with even though my mate is holding bike pumps :)

What material did/will you use tricky?

The sample is a polyester mix and it was made by a professional company, but now it is in china the factories that are interested in the business have to make a replica costume for me out of a similar material so I won’t know until I get the sample back. All the costumes I have had made so far have completely different fabric feel but all seem to have a 100% polyester label in them. So perhaps they factories just put the same label onto every costume :lol

I did recognize the knife Hit-Girl was using towards the end of the film, Smith and Wesson HRT9B boot knife.....sadly the Model 42 Benchmade Balisongs are no longer in production(also the ones used in the movie had file work done to the back spine of the blade which wasn't offered on the original Model42)

so ive never made a replica costume of anything.
im not very creative or anything.
so im just asking
could you possibly take this
http://www.superfansuits.com/colors/green.html
cut parts of the face out
get some yellow gloves
some yellow boots.
and somehow get yellow trim on the suit?
im not positive that this could work. its just a suggestion/question.

You could, or rather an easier way would be to get one of the zentai costume retailers on eBay to make one exactly as you want (with the yellow trim). Trouble is, it's entirely the wrong material (very thin and shiny).

I can't wait to see a bunch of adult women dressed as an 11 year old character at Dragon*Con this year (he said sarcastically.)

it looks like there's a few of these on ebay now, some look better than others, but they're all pretty cheap, so i might have a go at getting one

http://www.cosfun.net/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=69016&productname= just throwing this out there as a starter costume. Work boots and work gloves and your off to a decent start.

69016.JPG

Hi Guys. I just thought I would share with you my Kick-Ass costume. I actually managed to have this one done by the opening night of the movie:

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/294954/

I hope you like it. :)

This was my very first time making a jumpsuit! Hooray! I thought that was going to the be the hard part since I am a novice at sewing. Boy I was wrong! It took me close to 20 hours to figure out how all the yellow lines were oriented, making sure they curved with the body lines correctly. Turns out something that is straight when it's flat is not straight at all when it's worn!

The yellow lines are made of bias tape i bought at walmart at about $1.44/pack. I used 4 packs, an iron on adhesive, and then stitched all the suckers down. The green is just T-shirt fabric. The total cost of the mask and suit was $27 (just materials, not the hours put into it)

Hi Guys. I just thought I would share with you my Kick-Ass costume. I actually managed to have this one done by the opening night of the movie:

Cosplay.com - Kick-Ass - kiwi5frog

I hope you like it. :)

This was my very first time making a jumpsuit! Hooray! I thought that was going to the be the hard part since I am a novice at sewing. Boy I was wrong! It took me close to 20 hours to figure out how all the yellow lines were oriented, making sure they curved with the body lines correctly. Turns out something that is straight when it's flat is not straight at all when it's worn!

The yellow lines are made of bias tape i bought at walmart at about $1.44/pack. I used 4 packs, an iron on adhesive, and then stitched all the suckers down. The green is just T-shirt fabric. The total cost of the mask and suit was $27 (just materials, not the hours put into it)

wheres the mouth hole??

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back