Well, it also has much shorter epaulets, but nobody else has tried to make this intentionally.
A2s have epaulets with box stitching at the shoulders and no snaps for them (and snaps covered by the facings on the patch pockets) on the USAAF contracts. The movie jacket had a lot of differences like that, and others.

I haven't researched these types of jackets, I mostly do 19th Century reproductions myself. For WWII uniforms, a company called What Price Glory does a fairly decent job of reproducing items. I haven't looked at their stuff for a while but it's worth a look. Also E bay has things show up from time to time.

I haven't researched these types of jackets, I mostly do 19th Century reproductions myself. For WWII uniforms, a company called What Price Glory does a fairly decent job of reproducing items. I haven't looked at their stuff for a while but it's worth a look. Also E bay has things show up from time to time.
thanks but a lot of the gear in the movie is actually post war civilian or movie studio stuff so its hard to track down

Well, it also has much shorter epaulets, but nobody else has tried to make this intentionally.
A2s have epaulets with box stitching at the shoulders and no snaps for them (and snaps covered by the facings on the patch pockets) on the USAAF contracts. The movie jacket had a lot of differences like that, and others.
yeah also the buttons should be black. also pockets possibly too small

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back