Jurassic World (Post-release)

I read about that too, their feet aren't built for grasping things and they probably weren't strong enough fliers to hold a grown woman either. The other thing is, they probably wouldn't be attacking the people either, I'm not sure what the natural prey for most pterosaurs were but I highly doubt that it was anything as large as a grown human, or even an infant for that matter. I think that the general hypothesis floating around is that most, if not all, were fish eaters.

They basically gave themselves a pass to make the dinos behave any way the plot requires through the further explanation of the filling of DNA gaps with other animals. Once I heard that I figured any trait that isn't accurate can be explained away through that process, so maybe the pterodactyls had some gator, or some eagle in them which gave them those behaviors.

Yeah my wife and I both were like.. WTF are they attacking people for? Let alone a helicopter? Maybe they thought it was a another animal after their eggs?
Would have been nice if there was some kind of explanation for the behavior. I guess I miss Dr. Grant's insight.

The Indominus Rex told them to attack everyone. Like it did with the raptors. That was my interpretation anyway.

The Indominus Rex told them to attack everyone. Like it did with the raptors. That was my interpretation anyway.

That was what I initially thought when I watched the trailer but that was only because of the way the trailer was cut. The I-Rex could only talk to the raptors because of its raptor DNA, so unless all of the pterosaur species in the park had the same raptor DNA there's no way that I-Rex could be communicating with them; as smart as it was supposed to be, I don't think that it spoke pterosaur.

Kevin Feige just tweeted this. Artwork by Andy Park, one of the concept artists at Marvel Studios.

18679835949_56c6ce8031_o.png

Yeah my wife and I both were like.. WTF are they attacking people for? Let alone a helicopter? Maybe they thought it was a another animal after their eggs?
Would have been nice if there was some kind of explanation for the behavior. I guess I miss Dr. Grant's insight.

Honestly, I thought it was because the Indominus told them too, it seemed to talk to them seconds before they left to attack.

Well even if I didn't think that much of this one that fact it's making jillions means a good thing on the dino film front.

Two comics I have highly enjoyed over the years.....
Xenozoic Tales (set far in the future, plenty of dinos but still human main characters)
and
Age of Reptiles (nothing but dinos, period. In their times, no singing, no dancing, they are portrayed naturally as animals)

Both of these are very different from each other, different from the JP franchise certainly
and would bring something new to the table. Fingers crossed.

I was a bit bummed (and surprised) to see Clarie's assistant get offed (offed; past tense). She was mildly hot. And typically in film, there's usually a reason a character is killed (i.e. they're protrayed as a bit of an a-hole).

When she ended up as fish food, I was left thinking WTF did she do to deserve to die...?

I know, crazy! One of the most horrific deaths in the series so far as well.

She didn't just lose track of the boys, they actively ditched her. That takes a HUGE chunk out of the "poetic justice" notion.

She didn't just lose track of the boys, they actively ditched her. That takes a HUGE chunk out of the "poetic justice" notion.

I thought a handful of things toed the line of gratuitous, and her death vaulted over it for me. I thought it was completely overdone and unfair honestly. The way it happened in the trailer was much more appropriate IMO

Definitely not. In the theater after she was finally put out of her misery, I leaned over to my husband and said "That was a bit excessive...."

Being tossed around from dinosaur to dinosaur, through the air, under water, back out and under again, completely conscious and screaming the entire time until becoming a Jurassic Park Turducken? Yeah, just a bit excessive!

Being tossed around from dinosaur to dinosaur, through the air, under water, back out and under again, completely conscious and screaming the entire time until becoming a Jurassic Park Turducken? Yeah, just a bit excessive!

Maybe they should have added having her hold a little sign up like Wile E Coyote saying "Uh oh" while they were at it.

I remember the first film with the lawyer, that scene was rather shocking, no wild crazy scenarios necessary to create horror.

My girlfriend went and saw it Thursday before the release, and because we purchased the first two films on blu-ray, we paid like $4 a ticket (thanks to the $7.50 vouchers). I went into the film assuming it was going to be a train wreck, but I was pleasantly surprised. Directly following the movie I didn't really have any complaints, or I at least did not feel inclined to complain about anything.

My only issues were really only the animals escaping the aviary and immediately attacking everyone, and the I-Rex's jaw's being on the widest hinge ever, but it was great otherwise. The film recaptured exactly how I felt when I watched the original as a child, and I even had to dig out my old toys to check them out. I'll definitely see it again!

Sometimes I just wonder. Its a dinosaur movie for heavens sake. In comparsion to that poor guy in JP2 getting torn apart by the two Trexs I thought this was all pretty PG stuff by todays standards. Please people remember its just pixcels. Nobody was actually fed to the pteranodons, raptors or Rex!!!!!!
And just stop kidding yourselves ,you didn't go to gasp and smile at the huge saurpods or those horribly family friendly dinorides, you wanted to see people CRUNCHED by the meatosaurus's. You went expecting to be a little frightened and revolted, to see those prehistoric dragons running riot and hunting people, because nothing beats escaping those everyday ***t boring problems for a couple of hours like watching some other poor sod trying to avoid being converted into some giant monsters munch.
Talk about sexism. Dozens of guys were absolutely shattered and splattered by the I rex and raptors but nobodies crying about them. One rather striking PA is rather bloodlessly tossed around,then invisibly swallowed whole and its like everybody just lost their bestie!
Good grief , the same thing nearly happened to lovely fur clad Raquel Welch in "One Million Years BC"which is why I enjoyed the pterosaur attack sequence, it was obviously a nod towards that film. And Ray Harryhausen would have loved it. And what would everyone have said if the pterosaurs had just majestically spiralled up on the thermals and headed out to sea? Very true to nature but somewhat boring??? That's not going to get you a BILLION DOLLARS in box office!!! I can foresee dozens of digital PAs being creatively offed in the very near future if that's what it takes.
The entire film was nonsense from beginning to end, like all the others. But it was tremendous fun. The moment you even start thinking about how you would have organised the health and safety in a Jurassic Park then it ain't a motion picture any more, its an exercise in futility. Its all meant to go wrong. If nothing did, you wouldn't have had a film. Nobody would have put a conveniently large Indominus Rex sized doorway (as opposed to a mouse hole) in a wall if it wasn't meant at some point to get out and cause mayhem. Where was the tank when you needed it? Or the cyanide tipped slug?
This was a mega B monster movie in everyway and it fully deserves the success its having. And I'm sure everyone concerned will pay full attention to all the intelligent criticisms' levelled at it when writing the next. Or not.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back