Jurassic World (Post-release)

Finally got around to finishing this on Blu-ray.

First time through I think I was "okay-ed" (is that a word?) with the glitz and glam and dollars thrown at the screen, and just enjoyed the ride.

Watching it a second time, I realized just how STUPID virtually every element of the plot was. Every single key element to the plot makes no logical sense at all, even for Hollywood.
--WHY would they allow ANYone in the big dino's pen WHILE they are still trying to track it on GPS, and not WAIT until they have finished with they're tracking process (and realize it's still in there)?
--As soon as that thing is loose, WHY wouldn't they call in the military and waste it (yes - I know SOME degree of reasoning is woven in the script, but come on)
--Really? The Chief Operations Officer of the entire park is LEAVING - no; ABANDONING -- her post at Mission Control to chase the kids?
--Come on - the CEO and owner of the park who can barely fly a helo is going to personally fly a highly tactical mission (yes - to utter failure, but again - really!?)
--Oh - so we'll let ANOTHER lethal dino loose to kill the FIRST lethal dino, hoping that when his work is done, he'll just wander off to serene pastures (oh, cool - he DOES just wonder off - how contrived; I mean convenient)
--Even the small **** - kid can't reach the cell phone at the critical moment it rings because he is strapped in but oh - just a minute later he UNSTRAPS to run away.

Get real... Utterly stupid script with LAZY, lazy, lazy ass writing...

Last edited:
Finally got around to watching this last night. There were some good things and it was kind of entertaining, but overall it just didn't work for me. That Spielberg magic is hard to reproduce.

wow I didn't know that they were filming in the UK. I wonder what the plot is going to be... park in the UK? or super raptor soldiers?

I read it online, like last week or so. But the whole UK shooting thingy, could also mean they'll be just shooting in one of the studios. Doesn't really have to mean the story takes place in Britain, I suppose :p

I know this movie has some problems, but its been on HBO for a while and I've watched it, off and on, about three or four more times. It has kind of grown on me. I can sit back and really enjoy this movie. It is certainly better than the 2nd or 3rd one.

Despite its problems I do have one nit-pick that bothers me. When the I-Rex gets out Chris Pratt covers himself in gasoline so the beast can't smell him. Yet he never changes his clothes throughout the rest of the movie. Have you ever been covered in gasoline? I have had the unfortunate displeasure due to a motorcycle accident way out in the country. I had to walk 8 miles doused in gas. Despite the hot summer heat, it does not just evaporate off. You will smell to high heaven forever if you do not wash it off.

No one would have been able to even be in the same room with him, and he certainly should not have been allowed to be around electronic equipment, guns, and internal combustion machines.

But like I said, that's just a nit-pick.

I thought the same thing, just not as hard about it.

If i get gas on my hands from messing with the lawnmower - i have to wash them thoroughly. Even at that, there's still a bit of the smell there. I can only imagine dousing yourself like that....

I know this movie has some problems, but its been on HBO for a while and I've watched it, off and on, about three or four more times. It has kind of grown on me. I can sit back and really enjoy this movie. It is certainly better than the 2nd or 3rd one.

Despite its problems I do have one nit-pick that bothers me. When the I-Rex gets out Chris Pratt covers himself in gasoline so the beast can't smell him. Yet he never changes his clothes throughout the rest of the movie. Have you ever been covered in gasoline? I have had the unfortunate displeasure due to a motorcycle accident way out in the country. I had to walk 8 miles doused in gas. Despite the hot summer heat, it does not just evaporate off. You will smell to high heaven forever if you do not wash it off.

No one would have been able to even be in the same room with him, and he certainly should not have been allowed to be around electronic equipment, guns, and internal combustion machines.

But like I said, that's just a nit-pick.

I assumed it was the brake line/brake fluid but it's been a while since I watched the movie. If it was gasoline then yeah, don't let that guy near anything combustible!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back