Jurassic Park Explorer

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0793.jpg

Jurassic_Park_by_eldictator.jpg

Thanks. :cool Does anybody on here make quality model decals or know someone who does? I know they've got the decal paper at the hobby shop but i want them to look professional. Could probably do them all on white except for the side numbers which really need to be on clear sheets.

I'm looking forward to what you do with the roof. I'm thinking of doing a CNC machined piece of clear plastic for mine if it can be thin enough.

I have a lost world mercedes kit i put together somewhere, i was thinking about stealing the roof off it if it will work. Hate to do that though. It's probably too small since it's 1/24 or 1/25

I thought i might have gone too far up the body with the yellow but i think i'm ok. It'll look better when i paint the running boards black and paint the red stripes. Hard to do with rattle cans:unsure
DSCN0806.jpg

I think the yellow is fine. Looks awesome! For the red look for paint pens. WalMart, and Michaels has a good selection. I prefer Craft Smart Paint Pen it can right on Metal, Wood, Plastic, Glass, Etc. Very easy to clean up if a mistake happens.

I photoshoped the stripes from the real car onto my model so far, and i'm really amazed on the roof on how it lines up almost exactly. This will be a good painting aid for me to determine location and size.
DSCN08081.jpg

For your clear roof part you could just use a piece of balsa carve and sand to shape fill it with some filler and prime it to get it smooth and use a thin sheet of clear styrene to vac form over it.

I painted the hood stripes and added lights. Stripes look good but there is some slight seepage in the grooves on the hood which i will have to touch up to fix. I used vinyl as a mask and it just wanted to stretch back instead of conform. It'll be ok though i'm not worried about it.
DSCN0813.jpg

Fixed. Not a real decal btw. The blue lights came off a truck rollbar, not sure what though. Just a bunch of old crap in a box LOL
hood3.jpg

I woudln't sweat the touch ups. You've acheived an amazing paint job, especially with rattle cans.

I like the red you're using, its appears darker, like the movie cars. Do you think they started with a maroon explorer and left the original color on the body?

Yeah i'll have to post a pic of the Mercedes too. I built that when it was new, still looks pretty good for it's age, and for how old i was when i made it. Still have the box as well. The touch up looks really good now, just one little spot that bothers me but it's not terrible. I have the masks cut for the sides and rear, just have to get to it. Shouldn't have too much trouble with it but i need to be more careful around the jams. Maybe i should use a little heat to make the vinyl conform better, just afraid of it getting too sticky. I've seen in the book that the truck used in the tree scene was white, but that was also gutted to lose weight, not one used for driving around.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back