Judge Dredd Costume (comic version)

nice going mate. would love to see how you built up the eagle pad. foam maybe?

been meaning to post on mega city1 site.

seen urs and Judge Cairns work already.

and of course - been in touch with Judge Minty, and Termight as well.

this is a cossie that I would like to put together some day myself.

That is one mean lid. Is it scratch built or bought? If scratch built, got any build up pics? I would love to see how you done it :)

Thanks for your comments! I have built up the helmet from an 'Iron Man' plastic helmet/mask bought from ebay for £17.99, here is the original pic! The mask comes in 2 parts, the front clips on and off the main helmet! I discarded the mask and 3 small pieces of foam glued in the helmet! I then cut the ear pieces off each side, cut cardboard and acetate to match the shape and glued in place. Edges were filled and sanded. Then I used the holes (where the mask clipped on to) on either side of the top part of the helmet plus one extra hole drilled in the middle at the top to attach the darkened visor (again bought from ebay) to the helmet. I then crafted the cross shape that goes across the nose out of cardboard and joined it to the sides of the helmet. This was fixed to the visor and all gaps filled and sanded. Then I glued the same shape cut out of acetate sheet on the cardboard so when the helmet is sprayed red it gives it a clean smooth finish. I also bought 9mm thick plastazote foam (from ebay), cut to size and glued inside the helmet to give it a snug fit. Will post some finished pic's soon as the helmet is almost finished!

nice going mate. would love to see how you built up the eagle pad. foam maybe?

been meaning to post on mega city1 site.

seen urs and Judge Cairns work already.

and of course - been in touch with Judge Minty, and Termight as well.

this is a cossie that I would like to put together some day myself.

Thanks for your comments, I have seen your avatar before! Yes the eagle pad was crafted from foam, I used interlocking foam gym mats! They were ideal for lightness and flexibility. The gold acrylic paint took to the foam really well also, I'm really happy at how it turned out! The helmet is almost finished now, just the buckle and gauntlets left to craft and it's done! Watch this space, I will post further pic's as it near's completion!! If you need any tips when you start your own I would be happy to help!

Very nice job so far citizen:thumbsup
if you are interested we have a thread running in the RPB that may interest you :)
http://theukpropparty.yuku.com/topic/2605/t/Re-New-Dredd-bucket.html?page=-1

And the original Mega City justice forum has some great stuff you would like too http://www.atfreeforum.com/megacity/viewtopic.php?t=339&mforum=megacity
you will have to mail the owner to join though as he was hijacked and locked out of his own forum by some previous members !! Intro explains anyway.

Last edited:
Very nice job so far citizen:thumbsup
if you are interested we have a thread running in the RPB that may interest you :)
http://theukpropparty.yuku.com/topic/2605/t/Re-New-Dredd-bucket.html?page=-1

And the original Mega City justice forum has some great stuff you would like too http://www.atfreeforum.com/megacity/viewtopic.php?t=339&mforum=megacity
you will have to mail the owner to join though as he was hijacked and locked out of his own forum by some previous members !! Intro explains anyway.

Thanks for your nice comments and tips Tango'd fett! I have posted some pics on the thread on RPB you recommended. I will check out the second link also! Many thanks!!

hi this is my virgin post on here so forgive me if its a let down
pict0016zr5.jpg

Costume looking awesome Judge Palmer and liking the dredd totempole kelpys, and as for shiny stuff AND guns ... well it dont get much better :thumbsup

Have a raw cast Helmet I must find the time to do so will post up soon :love

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back