JFcustom's FOAM files

Anybody have any tips on sanding the foam? I have a few glue drips running down for joints that I need to get rid of.

Use the hot glue gun tip and melt the glue/drips. then lick your finger and smooth it down. BTW. only do this if you can withstand heat on your finger tips.

Why the paint got this reaction? I painted many things before and this never happened uploadfromtaptalk1400058264462.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400058278449.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

i had that once when the primer was a different brand than the color.

could also be that the primer wasnt fully dried yet, paint has a tendancy to eat into it then.

Ive been told the same about the primer but it wasnt paint it over primer the pcs were already painted with rostoleum red enamel the I heard about duplicolor toreador red and I just painted it ontop idk if that was the problem

Anybody have any tips on sanding the foam? I have a few glue drips running down for joints that I need to get rid of.
Depending on the temp they formed at, sometimes blobs and runs of hot-glue will just peel off if you gently lift one end. If the glue was really hot, it tends to stick hard and may need cut or ground off.

BORN1977 - I have had that happen and just recently. That typically happens to me when I have oversprayed an area. Make sure and keep the spray paint about 12" away and do several light coats instead of complete coverage all at once. That was a hard habit for me to learn. I wanted to see complete coverage ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
@BORN1977 - I have had that happen and just recently. That typically happens to me when I have oversprayed an area. Make sure and keep the spray paint about 12" away and do several light coats instead of complete coverage all at once. That was a hard habit for me to learn. I wanted to see complete coverage ASAP.

While thinking everything I did before painting I remember that I wiped the pieces with a wet towel, so a friend of mine told me that maybe the pieces was still humid when I painted it, what u think?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good possibility to. Spray paint is great, but it's so touchy. It may have reacted to any moisture that was on the piece. I don't know how you coated your pieces, but if you're careful, you should be able to sand those areas down with a higher sand paper (400+) and reapply the paint.

While thinking everything I did before painting I remember that I wiped the pieces with a wet towel, so a friend of mine told me that maybe the pieces was still humid when I painted it, what u think?

The towel might also have had some soap or softner residue which reacted with the paint preventing the paint to adhere to the surface

Enamel paint takes many days to off gas (all the solvents have evaporated). If you spray acrylic paint over the enamel, the acrylic lifts and does all those weird things.The only option I know of is to remove the bad paint and start painting again.

The link seems to be broken man, when i try to download your link all i get are pages of code etc.

The same is happening to me, but I think I know why. Do you use a Mac, by any chance? Pepakura doesn't work on Mac.

Which leads me to what I wanted to ask: has anyone made a compendium of .pdfs for these files? I'd really like to try my hand at making some, but I don't have anything to open the .pdos with.

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I've searched all over and didn't find much.

hey JF was wondering what happen to the Scryed file??? i can't download it anymore. was wondering if anybody had the file if they can send me a link or the file. trying to finish it before the anime con starts.

Some of the Rustoleum paints are EXTREMELY hot chemically, they'll eat your next coat chemically if they haven't had time to cure properly... Their Painter's Touch line is a good example of that; They say you can recoat after 24 hours, but that paint will usually bubble and crack whatever you put down over it if you don't wait closer to 48 hours, even if you are using a perfectly compatible Rustoleum color over the top. It sucks to fix. Besides this, lots of brands (and of course paint types) will react with each other anyways. It's a PITA to do, but test-spraying sample pieces can save you a lot of work fixing.

Anyone know where I could get a Pep File for a Classic Ant-Man Helmet or to make a request for JFcustom to work his magic to craft one?

ant_man_helmet_by_4thwalldesign-d5wta45.jpg

Last edited:
link for omarbou1-ironmanmark7v2helmet-jfcfoam.pdo is down... or is it just me that gets a whole load of text when clicking on it?

went thru alot of pages here but no other links found...
thanks

It's there a generic foam helmet file any where, like the blue beetle one here? I just want to make a generic one and then cut the eyes where I want or do a visor or something

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk HD

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back