JFcustom's FOAM files

Hi!! just wanted to show my Batman Arkham Origins cowl, I made myversion because I want the eye to look smaller tan the model in here, so I made mine!!

Captura.PNG

Hey guys, let me ask you somethin.. How do you know that the size of biceps ( ironman mk4 build) has the right size ?

How it is supposed to fit ?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N9005 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hey guys, let me ask you somethin.. How do you know that the size of biceps ( ironman mk4 build) has the right size ?

How it is supposed to fit ?

Just measure the width of your bicep and the lenght of the upper arm and check the measurements on pep designer. :) then adjust accordingly

Just measure the width of your bicep and the lenght of the upper arm and check the measurements on pep designer. :) then adjust accordingly

Well, I did it but I think that its small. I'll post a pic the next few hours to havr a further discussion. I just want to have the best proportions that I could ;)

Well, I did it but I think that its small. I'll post a pic the next few hours to havr a further discussion. I just want to have the best proportions that I could ;)

Well on the MK7 file (as the bicep and forearm are 1 file) I basically just measured the overall lenght of my arm. I had to scale it down abit tho as it was too long for my arms but the torso/abs/cod fits well on default. The arms are well fitted for me. not too tight and not too loose.

which suit are you making?

edit. just saw the MK4. havent used that file before.... I will take a quick look

Well on the MK7 file (as the bicep and forearm are 1 file) I basically just measured the overall lenght of my arm. I had to scale it down abit tho as it was too long for my arms but the torso/abs/cod fits well on default. The arms are well fitted for me. not too tight and not too loose.

which suit are you making?

edit. just saw the MK4. havent used that file before.... I will take a quick look

Better late than never as they say ... this is the bicep.. what do you think?

20140501_205100.jpg 20140501_205116.jpg 20140501_205036.jpg 20140501_205053.jpg

Sent from my Note 3

Better late than never as they say ... this is the bicep.. what do you think?

View attachment 318970 View attachment 318971 View attachment 318968 View attachment 318969

Sent from my Note 3

The difference between too big and too small is very fine. If it's too small, it will pinch your skin when you bend your elbow between the bicep and forearm joint. Foam is more forgiving in this regard because it is softer and does give a little. A fibreglass suit will cut you if you pinch between joints. If the chest is too big, then your bicep will hit it and you won't be able to reach your face to eat or drink or even scratch your nose while in costume. My first suit was pep'd and fibreglassed. Looked great, but I couldn't do anything except stand there.

My new one made from jfcustom's modified robo3687's files is in cardboard. I am 186cm tall and have used the default scale. Most of it looks pretty good. The legs fit perfectly but the hips are a little narrow. So far the arms are just fine. I'll try to take some photos with bits of it on if that helps you mate.

I'm thinking of increasing the scale by only 10% over the whole suit, or simply add in a couple of widening strips into the cod so I can get my hips in.

I used sharkhead7854's helmet at the default scale and it's waaaaaay too small. It looks great with the proportions of the suit, so if I increase the size of the head without increasing the size of the rest of the suit, I will look like a Lego bobble-head Iron Man. It's a very fine line to create the balance.
Like the producers of the movies, they kept saying to the artists, "make the head smaller!". I reckon you have to make the suit fit very snug and the helmet should only just fit. Uncomfortable? Maybe. Will it look fantastic though? Worth it if it does.

The difference between too big and too small is very fine. If it's too small, it will pinch your skin when you bend your elbow between the bicep and forearm joint. Foam is more forgiving in this regard because it is softer and does give a little. A fibreglass suit will cut you if you pinch between joints. If the chest is too big, then your bicep will hit it and you won't be able to reach your face to eat or drink or even scratch your nose while in costume. My first suit was pep'd and fibreglassed. Looked great, but I couldn't do anything except stand there.

My new one made from jfcustom's modified robo3687's files is in cardboard. I am 186cm tall and have used the default scale. Most of it looks pretty good. The legs fit perfectly but the hips are a little narrow. So far the arms are just fine. I'll try to take some photos with bits of it on if that helps you mate.

I'm thinking of increasing the scale by only 10% over the whole suit, or simply add in a couple of widening strips into the cod so I can get my hips in.

I used sharkhead7854's helmet at the default scale and it's waaaaaay too small. It looks great with the proportions of the suit, so if I increase the size of the head without increasing the size of the rest of the suit, I will look like a Lego bobble-head Iron Man. It's a very fine line to create the balance.
Like the producers of the movies, they kept saying to the artists, "make the head smaller!". I reckon you have to make the suit fit very snug and the helmet should only just fit. Uncomfortable? Maybe. Will it look fantastic though? Worth it if it does.

Firstly I have to thank you for the reply.

Well on one hand I want to make a suit that it can be weared on but on the other hand, iwould certainly like a suit with perfect proportions just to show off.

I know the original suit is up to 2m high but i cant make one if I dont have the exact numbers to scale it so it come movie accurate.

I guess im gonna make the bicep a little bit bigger so its not to snug on my elbow.

I also tried the thight but i think its waaaay too big. I'll upload a pic on a while so any opinion would be great.!

Thanks again and I hope everyone can understand my lower level English :p

20140504_135934.jpg 20140504_140004.jpg 20140504_140033-1.jpg

Last edited:

Well on one hand I want to make a suit that it can be weared on but on the other hand, iwould certainly like a suit with perfect proportions just to show off.

I know the original suit is up to 2m high but i cant make one if I dont have the exact numbers to scale it so it come movie accurate.

I guess im gonna make the bicep a little bit bigger so its not to snug on my elbow.

I also tried the thight but i think its waaaay too big. I'll upload a pic on a while so any opinion would be great.!

View attachment 320088 View attachment 320089 View attachment 320090

Yep. That leg is MASSIVE. It should fit you fairly snug like this.

McB0bld.jpg

oW98E0q.jpg

View attachment 320088 View attachment 320089 View attachment 320090

If you're unsure about the proportions, I would suggest making it quickly out of paper first (just regular computer paper - no need to make it out of heavy card stock) before you cut your foam. It's more work to print and cut it twice, but it'll save you foam in the long run (and time, since you'll hopefully only have to do the "good" foam version once). I always make a fast paper version first to test the fit before making it out of foam!

Good luck with the rest of the suit! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back