Crystal clear spray on Eva foam?

Blooberfly

Hi, wondering if anyone has experience spraying crystal clear spray on a plastidip, then acrylic painted thin eva foam piece. I noticed small cracks in the glaze, wondering if it flakes and cracks more over time?

Thanks!

Hi, wondering if anyone has experience spraying crystal clear spray on a plastidip, then acrylic painted thin eva foam piece. I noticed small cracks in the glaze, wondering if it flakes and cracks more over time?

Thanks!

Thank you! I figured it might flake :( its on a shoulder pad so I guess the only movement would be sliding on and off the coveralls its attached to.

Yep it's going to crack on you with flexing.
I used to run plastidip and then straight to gloss enamel, skipping the separate clear. There are flexible bumper sprays (and additives for spray guns) that help a lot for this otherwise, but even with the additives there is a limit to what they can do.

Also, you probably know this already, but plastidip has a clear.... But it is just clear. No gloss, just like a protective matte spray.

Here's a good video breakdown on gloss products on EVA foam:

That LUKAS clear coat is an expensive investment, but it looks amazing especially on armor like shoulder pauldrons and elbow pieces that tend to flex and get bumped into alot. A word of advice, as with any painted EVA foam, do not let it touch/contact with other painted/treated foam or any type of fabric or paper. These products will change over time in storage and get sticky and damage other cosplay items!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back