Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

hey guys. can anyone help me on how to connect the shin and thigh together?

I assume you mean by a hinge? The exact placement depends on your own personal anatomy. I will suggest making a double point hinge to allow greater movement in your knee. A single point hinge will bind up and is less natural and fluid.

I assume you mean by a hinge? The exact placement depends on your own personal anatomy. I will suggest making a double point hinge to allow greater movement in your knee. A single point hinge will bind up and is less natural and fluid.

do you have an example of this? I'm trying to figure out the same

yea the hinge thing. if u could be so kind to provide some pictures? :D

I think 2-point hinges like on the left work best:

md-429x-hinged-knee-brace.jpg

post #105 on this thread shows Mockle's great work with a two point hinge:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/ironman-m...mera-unibeam-wip-much-more-178888/index5.html

Here's aksarben911's two points, very similar to what I used in post #1890 here:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/jackieisr...s-coming-soon-164748/index76.html#post2801150

Ironmaided's video showing his mobility with the two-points mounted in:
IRONMAN MK42 [Iron-Man 3] FREEHAND COSTUME (LEG MOBILITY TEST) - YouTube

Can someone explain to me how the inner armor pieces work? I want to have the inner elbow covers to get coverage. How do I make them so they remain flexible and workable?

Finally, my suit is finished, here is a picture on La Mole comic.con of my suit, all in EVA foam.
Thanks Jackieisrockin's for the files, and laellee too for the canon

IMG-20130729-WA0000.jpg

Your suit looks great! I've only seen one other IP painted up in original WM colors. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Thankyou!!
I´m also working on a replica of this armor, but using fiberglass and silicon molds, here is a litle taste!!

Is not finished yet, and still needs a lot of work
1081910_684418161584153_1782044492_n.jpg

Hey RPF! This is my first build and I need your opinion. Im doing a cardboard IP and I just built the cod piece. The waist fits me perfect, but from the side an back it looks off. Can I get your opinions? (sorry for the awkward photos)

fittest.jpg

Your missing the IP Hip Plates, That why is looks off to you. To Me it looks like my Cod piece without hip plates.
Good work for cardboard.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back