Iron man motorised faceplate electronics tutorial!!!

That looks really good, maybe I gonna change my setup to a smaller cam. :rolleyes

Thanks Andy I've got most of my parts. Just waiting on a few things(it sucks living in Northern Japan sometimes). On your setup whats your servos Torque rating? I still haven't gotten my helmet yet so I haven't had a chance to put it all in yet but it occurred to me last night that I may have trouble lifting the helm with the gutted glasses in them.

I did make some progress last night though, I was playing around with my Max7456 breakout board and I decided, after a huge amount of reading, that RCA jacks are too big for my application so I pulled them off I will replace them with a wire soldered directly to the board. I'm trying to go with the most compact design I can without doing a custom board.

Glad to see everyone so interested in this thread!! I hope to have a vid up soon of everything together and in a helm. :lol

Servos can take upwards of 200, 300 or even 500mA under a load..

see if you can find specs for YOUR servo..and see if it lists a 'stall load'...(datasheet)

I got a different setup. I am running 4 Sub Micro servos (HS 55) over a servo controller for the face plate. Each got 18 oz of torque.

Dont worry about the weight, your servo should be strong enough.

And i did the same on my Max7456, so it is nice and flat.:wacko

Ok cool, I know the stall torque and all that fun stuff for my servo I just have no idea how heavy the front face plate is going to be. Just wanted to double check I should be good on lifting strength then.

I was stumped with my Max board for a while, I was trying to figure what pin did what before I de-soldered it and I couldn't get it work work without a jack being plugged in, stupid thing had a switch that would disconnect when the plug was inserted.. Ya... I'm that dumb. lol

Had another question for you about your Vuzix glasses, how are you handeling that? Are you leaving them always on? I would like to shut things off when the helm is open to conserve power but I'm not sure if it's going to be more trouble then it's worth. Just wanted to see what you were planing. DOMO!

Had another question for you about your Vuzix glasses, how are you handeling that? Are you leaving them always on? I would like to shut things off when the helm is open to conserve power but I'm not sure if it's going to be more trouble then it's worth. Just wanted to see what you were planing. DOMO!

Always on. The lipo should be good for then 10 hours.

The tutorial on 1st page works well or we need to adjust somethings ?

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I8190 avec Tapatalk

Always on. The lipo should be good for then 10 hours.

Ahh cool beans because I know my glasses themselves seem to eat through the Double A's while testing like no bodies bussiness

PYRRHIC said:
Thanks for sharing them, Im gonna give them a try.

Your welcome I'm just trying to save a lot of work hunting for files and stuff.

I'm glad to see so many people have interest in this stuff because this tickles my geeky super hero bone and my geeky "electronics are so cool" done :thumbsup

Is it possible to write a code so that when a momentary switch is pressed down, the servo moves to a fixed position, and when the switch is released, the servo moves back?

Hey guys, im trying to code it into arduino, to kinda like use it to control the code shown here, AND also along with another separate button input to control the chest RT's light(to turn on/off per click/press of the button), but how do i put the code in? o_O

Hey Andy this is for you, I was doing a test to see how big the hole for my camera will need to be. Pretty dam small should be almost invisible. :) color me happy :)

533789_10200847743700163_1398130884_n.jpg

@xl97 , errr..... i'll try my best to explain as much as i could,

Ok basically, there are two codes provided on the first post... i used and modified the first 'spoiler' code(to decrease the delay for eyes lighting up).

So it used up digital pin, 2,5,9,10 right? Then here comes my main question... let us let the whole code show in the first post be function 'x', so im wondering, how do i code another two pins as input and output(example, pin 3 for button, pin 6 for LEDs), to light up when i clicked the button once, and to turn off when the second time is pressed, and therefore calling this second function 'y'? I did try to write my own code though, but only managed to turn on, but not turn off :/

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back