Iron Man Mark VIII Helmet UPADTE on Pg.2 (Change to Rhinoceros Build) - Pic Heavy!

Re: Iron Man Mark VIII Helmet UPADTE on Pg.2 (Change to Rhinoceros Build) - Pic Heavy

I know this might sound a bit cheeky but im a 6th form Product Design student and really admire your work and want to make something similar so i can get better on solidworks. would you mind taking some time to show me some tips to do this. i already have a basic knowledge of stuff,

Re: Iron Man Mark VIII Helmet UPADTE on Pg.2 (Change to Rhinoceros Build) - Pic Heavy

I know this might sound a bit cheeky but im a 6th form Product Design student and really admire your work and want to make something similar so i can get better on solidworks. would you mind taking some time to show me some tips to do this. i already have a basic knowledge of stuff,

Thanks Danny,

I was thinking to PM you about your request for tips, but I think would be good to share here in case of some other member who using Solidworks also...:cool

actually iI will not say is a tips... and there are many ways to achieve this and is nothing to contained for 3d modeling. is only the method of modeling time to put in for expectation, a quality work to commit to yourself.:lol

I would say that is basically a "surface" patching work in Solidworks or any other cad program...

most important is how you construct the the "Splines" for surface to take "loft" "sweep" "patch" features. When the splines is tangency or curvature is good enough, then you should able to build surfaces with smooth transition.

command I use a lot is like "project curve to curve" or "project curve to surface" to get the splines. So start practicing with any thing surrounding you and you should able to achieve so good result.:thumbsup cheers!

Hey There,

Any plans on sharing your Rhino file? We have a small 3d printer at work and I'd love to try and print this!

helmet already printed out and will not release 3d file.

My buddy skylu3Design really did great job on this model , his been very patient with me for work on this model until we both satisfy on the details and sharpness :thumbsup . Also very great job on the inner bridge and inner details to keep the helmet in shape :)

Some pics of the printed helmet in 3 pieces . Im working on the cleaning stage now ..... will start molding this soon :)

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

yeah, its official, my wife hates you guys, she saw me reading this thread a few minutes ago, and looked at me and said "let me guess, you want that helmet?" i just laughed. anyway wanna see this one sitting on my shelf next to the mk II, WM, and IP helmets i have ordered, you are doing amazing work

My buddy skylu3Design really did great job on this model , his been very patient with me for work on this model until we both satisfy on the details and sharpness :thumbsup . Also very great job on the inner bridge and inner details to keep the helmet in shape :)

Some pics of the printed helmet in 3 pieces . Im working on the cleaning stage now ..... will start molding this soon :)

Thanks buddy, looking forward to see the touching up and first cast:thumbsup.

yeah, its official, my wife hates you guys, she saw me reading this thread a few minutes ago, and looked at me and said "let me guess, you want that helmet?" i just laughed. anyway wanna see this one sitting on my shelf next to the mk II, WM, and IP helmets i have ordered, you are doing amazing work

Thanks bro, you should stay tuned and watch the top notch work from bro masked rider.:cool

Damn, that is crisp!

Yup, the model should be sharp for all the profile line as 3D. let's see how sharp is the first cast come out from mold:lol

hey man love your helmet, have you tested you hinge set up to see it if works? I'm trying it on my Mk VIII helmet and I cant get it to clear at the bottom and need help.

hey man love your helmet, have you tested you hinge set up to see it if works? I'm trying it on my Mk VIII helmet and I cant get it to clear at the bottom and need help.

Thanks, actually this helmet design have quite some places hitting when trying to flip with hinge.
I have notice these when I model it... I will have to check the actual helmet and seek if there is other way to plan for the hinge design.

do you share/sell these 3d files?

+1
:)

There is an offer thread in junkyard run by bro masked rider, he is offering full finish paint with LED eye. Please contact him directly by PM. Thanks.

Hey man this is amazing, is your 3d models available?

I too work in Solidworks and think it is the greatest program ever. Good looking work. I have a 3-axis router and use Solidworks to draw up all my files. Combined with a multitude of different programs that all have their specialties and unique applications I feel I can make anything that doesn't require electronics. I noticed this thread is over two years old but I thought I would check and see if you're still around. It would be nice to confer with another Solidworks user.

Yeah, agreed. Solidworks is a good program for large assembly design too. But for free form surfacing need to put more efforts compare to polygon modeling. I'm now practicing to use 3ds max for modeling, but I'm planing to use it with solidworks see if I can get a great 3d model for design and print.

I'm always around this board lol. Recently I'm taking commissioned work for modeling the Mark 43 full suit and about to finish it :)

Cheers

I too work in Solidworks and think it is the greatest program ever. Good looking work. I have a 3-axis router and use Solidworks to draw up all my files. Combined with a multitude of different programs that all have their specialties and unique applications I feel I can make anything that doesn't require electronics. I noticed this thread is over two years old but I thought I would check and see if you're still around. It would be nice to confer with another Solidworks user.

When it comes to freeform modeling I tend to start with Solidworks still as I know I can get very accurate measurements. So I lay down a rough geometric build for the part then output it to mudbox to do the sculpting. I can't really do 3D max for freeform because I can't keep up with the mesh after a certain point.

Yes, I can start freedom in Solidworks or Rhinoceros, but I aiming for shape accuracy always :)

Think 3ds max has the advantage in shape and form, will try that for a cross platform build to see what can be done :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back