Iron Man Mark VIII Helmet UPADTE on Pg.2 (Change to Rhinoceros Build) - Pic Heavy!

Re: Iron Man Mark VIII Helmet (Solidworks Build) - Pic Heavy!

Make it out of titanium... then the rest of the suit...

About time we have a real Iron Man to kick some butt!!!

whahahaha... Ronan, you making me laugh:lol:lol:lol

What are you going to do? to bring world peace?
Even it's been made out of titanium... It can't fly...(at this moment):lol:cool

Twisted6,

thank you for the interest, let's don't put any selling related topic on here at the moment. I'm still a new member, need to follow strictly to the RPF rule:love
can't wait for the pep's model~
keep update bro (^_^y
thumbs up! :thumbsup

very nice I like how your chin doesnt stick way out. Looks more proportionate.

Very nice dude. I would want one of these badly as I still couldn't get my hands on a Finhead mk8 helmet. Even on the 5th run.

Haha, try PM Finhead and stay a spot on next run. I'm will refine my 3D model for second revision cause when I watch the official trailer, I spot I missed up the inner detail on forehead area.

best mk VIII helmet file i have seen!!
awesome work.

Could there be possible pep files for this awesome work in the future? (hopefully near future ^_^)

Could there be possible pep files for this awesome work in the future? (hopefully near future ^_^)

I think there are already some member doing the pep model, try a search to for Mark VIII.:love

I'm working on the refine version of this helmet and try to make it more accurate to the trailer.:lol

Ok, I have finished the 3D modification works for my Mark VIII helmet.

I basically extract out the surfaces from Solidworks and import to Rhinoceros for changes...:rolleyes
As decided to bring this helmet to 3D printing, so advantages to do in Rhinoceros is I can have better contorl on mesh setting when export to STL format:cool

now is pictures update:lol
M8-V2-WM_0000_M8RhinoWireFrame-01.jpg

The major modification area is here...by watching the IM3 preview...
should be something like this.., and I removed all ribs, as its going to use fiber glass strengthening the inner face, and with magnet installed...
M8-V2-WM_0003_M8RhinoFPOpen.jpg

Other than this, not much change on main shape
M8-V2-WM_0001_M8RhinoFront.jpg

M8-V2-WM_0002_M8RhinoBack.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Mark VIII Helmet UPADTE on Pg.2 (Change to Rhinoceros Build) - Pic Heavy

Great work as always bro, this model worth all the time that u have put in to create a super detail model :thumbsup

Hehe,

So here is a faceplate hinge test I've done in Solidworks to figure out the correct movement and dimensions/proportions of potential hinges :)

attachment.php

http://youtu.be/Ia5vyAILEyk

I hope this may help some people who want to build their hinges that way :)

Maybe you could model it into the print so your molds would have the right pivot points :)

Keep it up!!

Re: Iron Man Mark VIII Helmet UPADTE on Pg.2 (Change to Rhinoceros Build) - Pic Heavy

Great model man. I love your hinge set up vid nice little touch for those that have issues working it out.

Hehe,

So here is a faceplate hinge test I've done in Solidworks to figure out the correct movement and dimensions/proportions of potential hinges :)

attachment.php

http://youtu.be/Ia5vyAILEyk

I hope this may help some people who want to build their hinges that way :)

Maybe you could model it into the print so your molds would have the right pivot points :)

Keep it up!!

Thanks pal, nice guide line for this model. But the printed piece already in hand at the moment. Got to do it in manual work… if really needed this feature. Haha. Will think of it for next design.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back