Iron Man Mark IV - Update on pg.4

re: Iron Man Mark VI (WIP)

To better customize the armor to your size, try making a duct tape dummy of yourself. Then fit your paper armor on the dummy. Cut and trim / add before fiberglassing. Then add a thin layer of fiberglass. Let dry. Cut and trim some more before adding fiberglass cloth to get a more tailored costume.

To better customize the armor to your size, try making a duct tape dummy of yourself. Then fit your paper armor on the dummy. Cut and trim / add before fiberglassing. Then add a thin layer of fiberglass. Let dry. Cut and trim some more before adding fiberglass cloth to get a more tailored costume.

Dude that is a terrific idea......im really glad i didnt toss my duct tape dummy that i made for my predator suit. Thank You!

duct tape dummy? would you be willing to show some pics of that? kinda interested in seeing what your talking about here

^^ the duct tape dummy is the same thing STEALTH is using for his iron man armor. he has a link to the tutorial on how to make one from the 405th on his thread

I'll be posting up my duct tape dummy and progress hopefully by tonight. Ran out of glue for the pep then was on my deathbed for a while haha.

Sorry for the long delay, crazy stuff going on.

Finished the chest and back, may have to do the back over again because of some printing errors....ehh. Finished the neck as well. May have to contact my good sir Halo for some ab and arm adjustments haha...

Photo1102.jpg

Photo1092.jpg

Also received this beauty recently.....hopefully i can modify my chest piece in order to house this.
193600_149293238466183_100001565240053_328240_3425493_o.jpg

just make the MK IV chest instead of modifying the one you have

i must agree, the MK6 has the new triangle arc, hence the shape of the chest cavity, a MK2/3/4 arc reactor just doesn't belong, i would go the route of building a MK4 chest as it will match up with the rest of the files you are using and look perfect with that arc reactor

ahhhh dang....lol this is gonna suck. I think i may just leave redoing the chest until last....

Thanks for the suggestions all, wouldn't be able to move forward without such great minds aiding me.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back