Interesting article on new xbox

I'm hoping they announce a price drop on the 360 at E3. I still have one if the first gen ones and quit frankly, it sucks out loud. I don't even use it because after my third RRoD, I'm afraid to turn it on.

I'm hoping they announce a price drop on the 360 at E3. I still have one if the first gen ones and quit frankly, it sucks out loud. I don't even use it because after my third RRoD, I'm afraid to turn it on.

First gen huh? wow, you should be, mine broke after 8 months.... currently on my 10TH 360 console. That's right 9 broken consoles... did not drop them, never even moved them really. Nothing blocking them on either side nor behind. Which says a lot when compared to my NES, my first and only, which still works like a charm, over 20 years after I bought it.

It will still be a massive success, chances are they will be cheaper then Sony and as soon as another Halo title comes out they will be sorted, I bought my 360 just for halo 3 :p

Xboxone game setup flow chart.

image.jpg

How about those people that deploy to areas and don't have individual internet?
Stupid Idea.
Yeah they managed to alienate the military and rural folks who have spotty net at best. It kinda seems like discrimination against folks who don't live in big cities or the burbs and shows their egos.

Yeah somehow i doubt they'd even let them on base. this shows MS and other corporations egos in that if you aren't from the city or burbs you're nothing.

i mean i have internet and i need to upgrade my router as it ocassionally needs to reboot but the main reason im not getting a xbox one. Is because of the whole online DRM and how the Kinect needs to always be connected you can't mute the microphone or turn it off and its always watching you and its absolutely ridiculous i mean it can see your heartbeat thats just plain creepy.

Yeah microsoft has a giant big brother thing going on now with this always on crap. I mean i plan on getting a kinnect for my 360 to add to my collection shelf but i have no interest in talking to my tv other than cussing at it lol. I can imagine what would happen if i let loose with some unkind words as the kinnect is on lol.

Now they're claiming this xbox is killing the industry and that the new xbox and ps4 might be the last of the game consoles. I'm not sure these writers know what the hell they're talking about.

The industry's been dying for the last two or three generations now.. what's that, going on fifteen years or so? I think they'll be alright.

Their latest thing is that mobile gaming is "taking over", as if people stop playing their consoles in favor of their phones. Two different audiences, and there's surprisingly little crossover between people that play Call of Duty and people that play Angry Birds. Two different sets of gamers, one does not automatically replace the other.

it makes me laugh when they compare mobile gaming to console. The only reason there are so many more mobile gamers is because there are so many more mobile phones. To say that eventually mobile games will take over is like saying the bicycle will soon be the preferred method of travel over the automobile.

$500 for a shiny new DRM box with built in spy camera and listening device.

Even with the announcement of a new Killer Instinct, still not getting one anytime soon. If ever.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back